What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

The Next AFM?

Pull up a chair and discuss your favorite books, magazines, comic books, etc.
But not too loud, the Librarian doesn't like noise...

Moderator: Moderators

Stewart Jackson
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: The Next AFM?

#121 Post by Stewart Jackson »

Very sweet Pumpkinhead bust!
"Transylvania; land of dark forests and black unfathomed lakes......."

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#122 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Stewart Jackson wrote:Very sweet Pumpkinhead bust!
Thanks Stewart - it's another one of those purchases that has extra happy memories associated with it because the fella I bought it off was so pleasant AND generous.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Heavy Metal Spike

#123 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Got this from an eBay listing (not on the AFM site yet) - so no guarantees - but this suggests issue #69 may be thundering over the horizon soon . . .

DoctorG
Bishop of Build Ups

#124 Post by DoctorG »

Yes!! Issue #69 has been completed and sent off to the printers. I think there will be a communication from AFM soon about newsstand availability due to Covid-19, but all subscribers should be getting their copies soon.... :D
Dr. G.

Heavy Metal Spike

#125 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

DoctorG wrote:Yes!! Issue #69 has been completed and sent off to the printers.
I think there will be a communication from AFM soon about newsstand availability due to Covid-19, but all subscribers should be getting their copies soon.... :D
Thanks for the confirmation George :thumb2:

DoctorG
Bishop of Build Ups

#126 Post by DoctorG »

...And it looks like there are a few announcements on the AFM FB page about the new issue. If you're a Kaiju fan, you're going to LOVE this issue!
Dr. G.

Heavy Metal Spike

#127 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

DoctorG wrote:...And it looks like there are a few announcements on the AFM FB page about the new issue. If you're a Kaiju fan, you're going to LOVE this issue!
Thanks again George. I'm not a Kaiju fan so this'll be another that probably won't interest me that much - but then that means the delay before it hits the comic book store won't bother me as much either (every cloud etc. etc. :) ).

The link George was referring to is here - https://www.facebook.com/amazingmodeler ... =3&theater

And for those that don't like (or "do") Facebook . . .
  • Attention Modelers, Readers and Subscribers of Amazing Figure Modeler magazine-

As you are well aware, COVID-19 is currently wreaking havoc with our lives, our economy and businesses. Unfortunately, Amazing Figure Modeler magazine is not immune to the troubles caused by the pandemic. As we were going to press, we received notice that all newsstand distribution would be halted for the foreseeable future.

Luckily, we could adjust our numbers and avoid catastrophe. While we feel that AFM is essential, the Federal Government does not! This leads us to say something we never expected to say, and that is, for the first time since Issue Two, AFM will not appear on the newsstand or in bookstore chains such as Barnes and Noble. We’re not going to lie, it’s an unfortunate blow for our business, but we are so grateful for the loyalty of our subscribers and readership; we will weather this together.

What does this mean for you?

• If you subscribe, your issue is on its way! Our trusty printer is mailing them as you read this.

If you purchase AFM at your local comic shop, there will be a delay in shipping. Diamond Comics has temporarily stopped distribution of new comics and magazines until it is safe for warehouse workers to rejoin the workforce. Our Diamond order will ship at some point, we just do not know when.

If you purchase AFM at a bookstore chain or newsstand, Issue 69 will not be on the shelves.

Now here is the much needed good news…you can purchase AFM directly from our website! No need to stand six feet away as you hit “Buy Now” on your computer--you’re safe with us! Just visit amazingfiguremodeler.com and order the new issue of AFM, it’s as simple as that; no gloves or hand sanitizer required!

What does all this mean for us? It means we’re going to make many trips to the post office! With the virus being such a problem, we’ll probably only go once or twice a week to handle the mailing, so please bear with us as we deal with online orders.

Please help us get the word out that AFM is open and ready to ship our latest issue; feel free to share this message on model forums and social media so that everyone who wants AFM can get it!

These are uncertain and troubling times… we at AFM hope that you and your families and loved ones stay safe and healthy. We’re all in this together, and together we’ll overcome this. If you’re stuck inside with little to do, why not get creative and build or paint something? We happen to know a magazine that can help you out with that!

Thank you for your years of support; we’ll see you later this summer for a very special issue of AFM- our Reader’s Choice contest winners!

Hope the financial hit to the AFM crew is manageable - and that they can qualify for Governmental assistance if/when made available.

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#128 Post by Scooke123 »

I usually get mine from my local Barnes and Noble. Since that's out I ordered it from CultTVMan - he had some in stock the other day.
Steve Cooke

RogueJ
Jack of all Trades

#129 Post by RogueJ »

Has anyone gotten their copy as yet? Just wondering...
Celebrities. Is there nothing they don't know? – Homer Simpson

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#130 Post by Todd P. »

Mine came fast, four days tops.

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#131 Post by Scooke123 »

I got mine today in an order from Cult - haven't browsed thru it yet.
Steve Cooke

Stewart Jackson
Bishop of Build Ups

#132 Post by Stewart Jackson »

Mine came last week and I had a chance to give it my full attention over a two day period. As always the magazine is top notch! I'm not a huge Kaiju fan, with the exception of the BIG G, but that hardly matters as the ideas and techniques can be applied to any subject and it's just cool to see inside the processes of diorama construction, sculpting and painting. It's all about creativity and looking at things in a way you may not have before.

Can't wait for the readers edition coming over the summer, cause there is just so much talent out there!
"Transylvania; land of dark forests and black unfathomed lakes......."

JJJ92557
Jack of all Trades

#133 Post by JJJ92557 »

Still waiting here.
A Mind Is A Terrible Thing, And Must be Stopped Within Our Lifetime

overspray
Jack of all Trades

#134 Post by overspray »

Got mine last week, still not all the way through it. So far it's a excellent issue, even if Kaiju is not your thing.

modeljunky
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#135 Post by modeljunky »

UUGGGGHHHHHHH! still waiting.
Its not just a hobby...its an addiction

JJJ92557
Jack of all Trades

#136 Post by JJJ92557 »

Same here. Still waiting.
A Mind Is A Terrible Thing, And Must be Stopped Within Our Lifetime

modeljunky
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#137 Post by modeljunky »

GOT IT!!!!! Turns out it was here for about a week.. SOMEBODY didn't tell me she brought it in.
Its not just a hobby...its an addiction

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

#138 Post by scuzzfink85 »

Book stores are almost a thing of the past and so are comic book stores..
Just order it from cultman
Nostalgia can be a bad thing, especially when you are led by it.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

Blind ignorance can not be solved or stopped for the problem at hand.
R.T 2021

DoctorG
Bishop of Build Ups

#139 Post by DoctorG »

All, I think the US Mail is experiencing overall slowness and delays, so this may be part of the reason why the recent issue hasn't reached some of you yet. I know I ordered an item from a neighboring state via Priority Mail, and it took over a week for me to receive it. I'm not complaining as the USPS is dealing with CV-19 just like the rest of us; we just need to be a bit more patient in this new reality.
Dr. G.

yellowcat
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#140 Post by yellowcat »

The #70 Reader's choice is out. Same as with last issue, it will not appear on the newsstand or in bookstore chains such as Barnes and Noble You can only get it by subscription or order from Amazing website and also from the comic shops.
Last edited by yellowcat on September 27th, 2020, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.