San Diego Comicon related posts here!

Moderator: Moderators

resin addict
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

San Diego Comic Con

#1 Post by resin addict »

Anyone going the this? Sideshow is offering a limited ed. Batman bust on preorder that you can only pick up at the Con., they will not ship it.
I'd be interested in getting one and would pay for shipping (and a little extra) if someone would be willing to pickup my pre-order and ship it to me.
Randy
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: San Diego Comic Con

#2 Post by scuzzfink85 »

That,s strange most exclusives can be ordered for said companies..
and shipped?
Nostalgia can be a bad thing, especially when you are led by it.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

Blind ignorance can not be solved or stopped for the problem at hand.
R.T 2021

Graybeard
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#3 Post by Graybeard »

Contact Rob Salony I could have sworn he mentioned getting or ordering that bust on FB

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#4 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

resin addict wrote:Anyone going the this? Sideshow is offering a limited ed. Batman bust on preorder that you can only pick up at the Con., they will not ship it.
I'd be interested in getting one and would pay for shipping (and a little extra) if someone would be willing to pickup my pre-order and ship it to me.
Randy
Randy - you should post on Sideshow Freaks - http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forum.php or Statue Forum - http://www.statueforum.com/ - there will be plenty of folks there that are attending.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

resin addict
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#5 Post by resin addict »

Just to further clarify...
This is not a typical Comicon exclusive where you need to be one of the first 500 at the booth or whatever; or that you need to pay for; this is an exclusive in that Sideshow will not ship; but instead only distribute at the show; but I will have paid for it in advance, so my understanding is that I will get some type of paperwork that proves I've purchased the piece and am authorized to receive at the show (which I will forward to a willing "helper"). At your convenience, you stop by the Sideshow booth, hand them my paperwork and tell them your my cousin (or some other likely explanation) who is local and are picking up the piece for me, and they'll take the paperwork and hand you my boxed bust.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Graybeard
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#6 Post by Graybeard »

He goes by Grog here on CH

grog
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#7 Post by grog »

It says on the website they will ship the item all you have to do is click the box for Home shipping I know this because I ordered one

resin addict
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#8 Post by resin addict »

grog wrote:It says on the website they will ship the item all you have to do is click the box for Home shipping I know this because I ordered one
Are you sure we're referring to the same piece?
I'm talking about the Prime 1 bust (Blue version), when I go to the website it says:
"Pickup at Con only. Must be picked up at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2017 (Jul 20-23). Item won’t ship to you."

resin addict
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#9 Post by resin addict »

It appears that Rob somehow lucked out and got home shipping as he has verified that that option is no longer there...still looking for someone who's going...

resin addict
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#10 Post by resin addict »

Bump