Pix from Comic-Con. A little bit of everything for everyone

San Diego Comicon related posts here!

Moderator: Moderators

BandWFrog
Seam Filler

Pix from Comic-Con. A little bit of everything for everyone

#1 Post by BandWFrog »

Hey all,

I couldn’t do WF two weeks ago for lack of funds :cry: but I did SDCC this past weekend (as it’s an almost all-expense paid trip by the company I work for).
It’s taking me a while to crop and resize the photos for uploading but here is a first batch. I hope to have the second one ready by week’s end. I’m new to “flickr” so please bear with me while I try to figure it out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bandwfrog/ ... 410590734/

Any question about any of the stuff pictured here, ask and I’ll try my best to answer.

Even tough the comic-con has become a little too “Hollywood”, it’s still a fun place to hang-out with like-minded people.

I wasn’t expecting to see any, but I saw a few kits: A nice Harley Quin holding a gun, standing on a deck of cards at a booth selling various collectables, 2 Horizon T2 kits (T-1000 and Arnold) and a Screamin’ Mars Attack "Screaming in the streets" at a booth that sold toys.

I typically don’t do pre-paints but I’m a fan of Geof Darrow and Frank Miller so I bought a Dark Horse pre-paint Dixon from “Hard Boiled” sculpted by Ken Melton and produced by Gentle Giant.

Merci.

Olivier
Who watches the watchmen ?

Pun13
Clubhouse Alumni
Prince of Plastic

#2 Post by Pun13 »

Moved this here, Thanks for posting the pics.

Tom
Email
Pun13@yahoo.com

Brothers in Resin: Bringing you what YOU WANT!!!!

spanglerart
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#3 Post by spanglerart »

Great pix man, thank you for sharing them.

HereBeMonsters
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#4 Post by HereBeMonsters »

Nice pics, the pic you ID as Takeya is actually sculpted by a sculptor named Skink. And this piece was sculpted and painted by Jeff Camp;

ignatz
Site Admin
Knight of the Round Bench

#5 Post by ignatz »

SWEET! Thanks for posting the pix. I've GOT to make it to Comicon one of these days!
Steven

CALM DOWN. It's only a hobby.

Oh, and MODEL ON!

BandWFrog
Seam Filler

#6 Post by BandWFrog »

Hey guys,

You're all very welcome.

Tom: Thank you for moving this thread. I, again, failed to realize there was a special forum for these types of shows. :oops:

John: That piece by Jeff Camp is so sweet.

Is the pic I misidentified the one with the two "lobster-men" fighting? Or the other one with the "spider" like creature? The lobster-men had a sign with his name as the sculptor next to it so I presumed that the other one was also his. Thank you for the correction. I'm happy for you that you got to meet "Master Takeya". I had work to do Friday morning and didn't hit the convention center until mid-afternoon so I missed the Bandai booth. I checked it out on Saturday but he was gone.

I'll try to post more pictures soon. In addition to more statues, I'll have people in costumes and a few scantily clad women. Though I have to say... The Con is definitely turning into a PG affair as far as costumes go. :cry:

Merci

Olivier
Who watches the watchmen ?