What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Black Heart/Badger class at Monsterpalooza 2014

Monsterpalooza info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

george stephenson
GK Godfather
Jack of all Trades

Black Heart/Badger class at Monsterpalooza 2014

#1 Post by george stephenson »

Less than two weeks remain until Monsterpalooza and FA3, the Badger/Black Heart airbrushing and model-finishing class in Burbank, California on Friday March 28. We still have a few seats available for the class and are expecting this class to be a very informative and unique experience for folks taking the class. For only $375, participants will get an incredible deal on some great Badger Air-brush Co. products (airbrush, compressor, Minitaire paint); AND Black Heart’s new 360° Series Karloff Mummy; AND six hours of airbrushing and painting instruction from headliner Anthony Mestas (Led painter for Sidesow Collectibles) and his assistants (Badger owner Ken Schlotfeldt, Mike “The Modeler” Reagan, and Black Heart owner George Stephenson). For those providing their own compressor, the cost is only $325.

The focus of the class will be adding credible and realistic color to a monochromatic subject. We'll and demonstrate painting techniques and materials (e.g., sponging, dry-brushing, washes) for bringing out fine and subtle textures and details.

Every participant will walk out of the class with a finished Mummy bust and the equipment and supplies (and knowledge) used to finish it.

In addition, everyone who signs up for the class will get 15% to 20% discount on the convention purchase of a Black Heart kit; THAT IS A SAVING OF AS MUCH AS $60. There simply isn’t a better value to be had on the stuff you get through the class. And, there is no way to put a $ value on what you will learn in our class.

Reserve your spot now. Time is running out. Contact George at goblackheart@comcast.net.
http://www.blackheartmodels.com

"Black Is Beautiful!"

dcole
Master of Masking

Re: Black Heart/Badger class at Monsterpalooza 2014

#2 Post by dcole »

Looking forward to class again this year. Imagine, actually finishing a piece in one day! :mrgreen:
Debi

Reliving my childhood, one bit of painted plastic at a time.

41Wolfman
Master of Masking

#3 Post by 41Wolfman »

Saw your post on Facebook George,was a nice surprise.Now looking even more forward to this.

hedorah59
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#4 Post by hedorah59 »

I went and signed up - My third time taking a Blackheart Class!
Kirk

Self proclaimed King of the 'Nice work' comment...

Modelmaker
Master of Masking

#5 Post by Modelmaker »

What is the air compressors that's used in these classes ? are they the silent kind ? thanks. Karl
Photograph what interests you today because tomorrow it may not exist.

george stephenson
GK Godfather
Jack of all Trades

#6 Post by george stephenson »

We use only Badger products. They are low noise and automatic shut-off compressors. Very quiet but not silent.

GeoS

"Black Is Beautiful!"

Modelmaker
Master of Masking

#7 Post by Modelmaker »

Is the Badger TC 909 aspireair a quiet compressor ? I'd like to air brush late at night but don't want to bother the wife who is asleep in the next room. Karl

george stephenson
GK Godfather
Jack of all Trades

#8 Post by george stephenson »

Yes, it is a quiet one. That's what I use.

GeoS

"Black Is Beautiful!"

Modelmaker
Master of Masking

#9 Post by Modelmaker »

Thanks George I just ordered one. Karl

george stephenson
GK Godfather
Jack of all Trades

#10 Post by george stephenson »

You're welcome. You'll like it. We use it or a variation of it in almost all of our classes. Let me know what you think of it.

GeoS

"Black Is Beautiful!"

Modelmaker
Master of Masking

#11 Post by Modelmaker »

Thank you I will. I ordered the Badger TC- 909 the one that was shown as the air gauge is flat within the cabinet but the Badger I received had the air gauge next to the regulator sticking out, I asked that the feature I liked was the gauge in the cabinet as shown, they replied that that's an older model and they haven't any of that type left, I sent the air compressor back and ordered the Micro Mart whisper air compressor with the air gauge within the cabinet on 5-12-18 and I'm still waiting for it they gave me a tracking order after I phoned them for one but it doesn't work so I'm at home waiting for that to arrive as packages left on porches are vanishing due to thieves as it's an epidemic here in Oregon. Has anyone here tried this compressor I haven't seen any reports on it. Karl

Modelmaker
Master of Masking

#12 Post by Modelmaker »

Well I finally received the Micro Mart whisper air compressor and it is quiet but not a whisper and it would be great if for the fact the unit won't shut off even at the pre set as stated in the ad, I ran the PSI up to 60 PSI and using the airbrush when I stopped the air through the airbrush the unit still was running even when set to 25 PSI the unit still did not turn off. fittings were Teflon taped and still I felt some air and saw the gauge drop, the moisture relief was tightly shut like air is leaking within the unit. I sent it back but Micro Mart doesn't supply a return paid postage label so I wound up paying full postage ..... ouch, no more Micro Mart for me ..... EVER. Karl