What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

"Lycanthropia At Resintopia" Figure Artist's Airbrush Asylum

Resintopia info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

RESINCRYPT
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

"Lycanthropia At Resintopia" Figure Artist's Airbrush Asylum

#1 Post by RESINCRYPT »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Resintopians,
We have just received some exciting new details from George Stephenson (owner of Black Heart Models) and Ken Schlotfeldt (owner of Badger Airbrush Co.) regarding their Figure Artist's Airbrush Asylum also known as "Lycanthropia At Resintopia"!! This is going to be a HUGE event with hands on classes by some of the hobbies most talented artist's including Gordon Oberman and Jeff Camp. Student's will have the opportunity to advance their skills and have an Absolutely Awesome afternoon with fellow hobbyist as well as having their choice of three outstanding wall hangers paint. Mark your calendars off now. The date is March 22, 2012 at The Crown Plaza Hotel, Fairfield, N.J. More details on the class can be found below. Looking forward to seeing you all at Resintopia 2.

RESINCRYPT
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

Re: "Lycanthropia At Resintopia" Space Selling Out Fast!

#2 Post by RESINCRYPT »

The show is going to "STAGGER THE MIND"!! Be sure to reserve your "Lycanthropia At Resintopia" class quickly to insure a space in the class. Come early, stay late. There will be an AMAZING array of eye candy. Come join the party!! Be sure to reserve your rooms quickly at the special Resintopia rate by calling the hotel at 973-227-9200 and ask for the Resintopia rate or use code DP3. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the Resintopians in just a few weeks. Please check our website at http://www.resintopia.com for further info. This is going to be one Rockin Shindig you don't want to miss.
Last edited by RESINCRYPT on March 5th, 2013, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

RESINCRYPT
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

Re: "Lycanthropia At Resintopia" Figure Artist's Airbrush As

#3 Post by RESINCRYPT »

Good evening Resintopians,
The full moon is not due in March until March 27th. athough it will arrive early for Resintopians. Even a man who is pure at heart....well you know the rest of the poem. Run...Run for your Lives!! and stock up on silver bullets and wolfsbane!! Werewolves are on the loose at Resintopia!! Space is going quickly for 'Lycanthropia At Resintopia Airbrush Acadmey Class. I wish I could have the free time to take this class as it is going to be an Awesome class!! Both instructors Gordon Oberman and Jeff Camp are Top Notch painters and will be assisted by both owner of Blackheart Models George Stephenson and Airbrush Wizard Ken Schlotfeldt from Badger Airbrush. The class is a true value considering you will be getting all of the tools you need including an airbrush, air compressor, paints and your choice of Lycanthorpe wall hanger. The Wolfman sculpted by Jeff Yagher (who will be in attendance at Resintopia!), Curse of The Werewolf sculpted by Joe Simon or Werewolf of London sculpted by Mike Hill. You can't go wrong with any of these as they are all Phenominal sculpts and will look absolutely gorgeous hanging in your home. The class has been broken down in price to accomodate those who already own a compressor and for those who do not. I also wanted students to know that lunch will be included with the class. All in all this is a tremendous value and great opportunity to learn from some of the most talanted people in the hobby. Best of all you are walking away with a wealth knowledge after attending the "Lycanthropia At Resintopia" Airbrush Academy. Be sure to book your space before the class sells out. See you at Resintopia. :D

RESINCRYPT
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

#4 Post by RESINCRYPT »

Those of you planning on taking the "Lycanthropia At Resintopia" class being held on Friday March 22, 2013 need to sign up before this week is out. The class is going to be tremendous and features two of the hobbies best Artist Gordon Oberman and Jeff Camp. This will be a great opportunity to learn from some of the best instructors and rub elbows with old and new friends and all at a very affordable price. Gordon's article in the latest AFM issue is AMAZING as well as the entire issue. Jeff Camp's artwork on the cover is AWESOME!! Resintopia is now only 17 days away!!

ImageImage

george stephenson
GK Godfather
Jack of all Trades

#5 Post by george stephenson »

These are the first published images of Black Heart's wall-hanger version of our Wolf Man. Licensed by Chaney Entertainment, this is one of the werewolf wall-hanger kits that will be featured at FA3 at Resintopia. Like Vin said, the class is filling up quickly and only a few spots remain. Ken (Badger's owner) and I have increased the cap for the class size to guarantee that anyone who registers by Saturday March 9 will have a spot in the class.

This weekend I'll hit all the castings with primer so they can sit a couple of days before I ship them out to the show. If you want to do the class, register as soon as possible. Also, we have thrown a little twist into this class. Not only will participants choose one of three lycanthropes to finish, but they'll be able to choose to get instruction by Gordon Oberman for putting a full-color finish, or instruction by Jeff Camp for putting a convincing grey scale finish on their chosen kit.

If you have not already done so, contact George at goblackheart@comcast.net to confirm your choice of werewolf and your choice of color scheme. Help a brother out and get in touch soon.

GeoS
http://www.blackheartmodels.com

"Black Is Beautiful!"

gordman43
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#6 Post by gordman43 »

Really nice work on 'ol Lon, George!

Jeff and I are really looking forward to the class in a little over 2 weeks :shock:
It's going to be a lot of fun seeing everyone busily spraying away on these great busts.
Did I say busts? :twisted: :D

And thanks to you, Vin, for posting some pics from the latest issue of AFM. Jeff's piece not only graces
the cover, it also appears in a great article inside.

-G 8)
- Gordon Oberman
Amazing Figure Modeler
Inner Sanctum Productions

?WTB X Factor 1/4 Selene?

http://s62.photobucket.com/home/gordman1
http://amazingmodeler.com/

camper
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#7 Post by camper »

Hey Thanks Gordie!

I can’t wait to work with you on this, and hang out with like minded people,
painting kits and having a Great Time! I’m really looking forward to sharing some
techniques and picking some up too! ;)

I hope we have a decent turn out for the class, because it’s going to be a Blast! 8)

°Jeff

CAMPer

george stephenson
GK Godfather
Jack of all Trades

#8 Post by george stephenson »

This weekend I will be primering all of the busts for the airbrushing class. I have to ship them early next week to ensure they get to Jersey in plenty of time. I will primer three or four extras for those who sign up for the class after I ship the stuff. If you don't sign up by Sunday, you may not get the werewolf you want. Folks who have already signed up should already have declared which werewolf they want to paint. If you have not, please do so right away.

Here's another cool twist. Gordon Oberman will demo putting a full color paint job on your werewolf. Jeff Camp will demo putting a grey scale finish on your werewolf. I have never tried this but am looking forward to a convincing paint job that will be true to the classic b & w films. We need folks taking the class to let us know if they want to try the grey scale finish so we can be sure to have the right paint set for you.

Two weeks, people!!

GeoS

"Black Is Beautiful!"

gordman43
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#9 Post by gordman43 »

Ok, young 'uns, the time is almost here! We're cocked, locked and ready to rock this thing we call the Airbrush Asylum!
Just packing my bags and getting excited about the trip, the show and the class!
I'm ready to have some fun!

-G 8)
- Gordon Oberman
Amazing Figure Modeler

sideshowtony
Glue Sniffer

#10 Post by sideshowtony »

What a FANTASTIC class this was!!!! Thanks so much George, Ken, Jeff and Gordon for a highly creative day. Such a blast!

--Tony Gangi
"And when there weren't no crawfish we ate sand." --Raising Arizona

george stephenson
GK Godfather
Jack of all Trades

#11 Post by george stephenson »

Tony, it was great having you and Susan (Mrs. Gangi) in the class. I was impressed with how well and how quickly you both took to airbrushing. Great jobs by both of you. Hope to see you in a future Badger/BlackHeart finishing class. Don't forget to send me pics of your finished kits.

GeoS

"Black Is Beautiful!"

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#12 Post by derekc62 »

I have to second what Tony said - I learned more in those five hours from you George, from Jeff, Gordon and Ken than I have in the past couple of years on my own.
The four of you were fantastic with your great tips and encouragement.
I highly recommend this class to anyone who has the chance to do it.
If you're on the fence about whether to sign up for the next FA3 class it's time to hop off.
I think it's fair to say everyone in the class was blown away by the instruction and the materials.
Derek Conlon

tseevers
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#13 Post by tseevers »

My son Alex had a wonderful time at the class. It's the most excited I've seen him about anything in a while (he's 15 and in the "sullen" period)! :wink: It was so cool to have Jeff Yagher comment on what a nice job he had done and encourage him to send him pics when it was finished.

Gordon and Jeff did a great job instructing. Ken at Badger and George at Blackheart made sure everything went on without a hitch, too.

He had such a good time, he and I are both taking the same class at Wonderfest in May!!

Thanks to everyone that made this happen. You've made a 15 year old, and his old man very happy!!
Tim Seevers

"You might have a point, but we're all tired of you making it."

Nalissa2

#14 Post by Nalissa2 »

I had a lot of fun in the class as well. Met some more awesome fellow modelers and
Of course to learn from two Jedi paint slingers like Jeff and Gordon is something you'd be foolish to pass up if you had the chance.

First time using a Badger AB and I have to admit, I liked it! I also got to try out their Minitaire paints and like those too. LoL sorry Ken, didn't mean to bug ya. He went; "So it was yooouuu that Kept asking.. (Pointing to George S.) about it." Guilty as charged.

I liked they also stressed that if you mess up, it's ONLY PAINT. Don't be hard on yourself.
Words of wisdom.

Nalissa2

#15 Post by Nalissa2 »

tseevers wrote:My son Alex had a wonderful time at the class. It's the most excited I've seen him about anything in a while (he's 15 and in the "sullen" period)! :wink: It was so cool to have Jeff Yagher comment on what a nice job he had done and encourage him to send him pics when it was finished.

Gordon and Jeff did a great job instructing. Ken at Badger and George at Blackheart made sure everything went on without a hitch, too.

He had such a good time, he and I are both taking the same class at Wonderfest in May!!

Thanks to everyone that made this happen. You've made a 15 year old, and his old man very happy!!
Alex's wolf is very impressive Tim. He's got great talent and patience for someone his age. You have to be proud. I think down the road he'll be writing for AFM. Guaranteed.

gordman43
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#16 Post by gordman43 »

Jeff and I had a blast conducting the class!! I was very proud of all the students!! A huge thank you to George and Ken for inviting us to polute the minds of some fellow resinistas! Seriously, these folks did a ton of work. In many cases this was their first time using an airbrush and their first 1:1 piece! I believe that every student got their's close to completion and in fine fashion. Like I said, I'm very proud of the whole group!!

It was very nice of Jeff Yagher to stop by the class for words of encouragement, and was also kind enough to sign many of the busts, including mine :D

Ah, Susan, my young Padawan (LOL) thank you for the compliment. Now it's my turn, you did a terrific job on your Wolfman! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Alex also did a great job, Tim! We're looking forward to the Wonderfest A3 class!

-G 8)
- Gordon Oberman
Amazing Figure Modeler

george stephenson
GK Godfather
Jack of all Trades

#17 Post by george stephenson »

Ditto everything Gordon said. He and Jeff did a great job headlining our class. I learned some things and really enjoyed it, too. Hope folks will send me photos of their finished werewolf kits for my website Gallery.

"Black Is Beautiful!"