What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

2013 OFFICIAL (VIN TOLD ME TO TAKE 'EM) PICS

Resintopia info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

emsinker
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

2013 OFFICIAL (VIN TOLD ME TO TAKE 'EM) PICS

#1 Post by emsinker »

I left for Resintopia from Upstate New York late Friday night in a snowstorm and didn’t arrive until around midgnight. Fantastic show next day and Sunday. Some great people and some fantastic talent. It was, what I called, a “concentrated” room. I must have walked around it at least 20 times over two days; there was just soooo much to see.

Great seeing my good buddies Vin (great job Mr. Resintopia!), Robb from Dark Carnival (tried to get him drunk and get the password, but he wouldn’t budge), John from Jayco, the “Headless Hearseman” Fritz (sorry for the pic), Tom from Cult of Personality, the remarkably talented (one of very best buds) Vance Rudzinkas (Bad Faerie; if you haven’t seen his stuff, check him out), Daniel Fey from Sassy’s Satellite, and Peter my fellow close-up magician bud who showed up on Sunday and (finally) thanked me for helping him sell some Janus garbage he was trying to get rid of since last year’s Resintopia. Had a chance to me meet and chat with the ever talented Roberto von Behr.

Goods news, CH, hopefully I’m bringing two new members on board here.

Great get together with Jeff Yagher. Met him for the first time and had some ideas of what such a talented man like him might be like---well, nothing of the sort. Just one of the guys! Loves the hobby and a heck of a down to earth gentleman in every sense of the word. He personally thanked me for making him so financially comfortable over these past several years. Brought tears to my eyes!

He mentioned how he was not happy with the Box Art Frankenstein. Apparently, when Monsters in Motion insists on adding color additives to the resin, it causes the resin to contract. The Frankenstein head that Monsters in Motion advertises is actually a pic of the Yagher sculpt, not of the actual product you will receive. I checked out Peter’s kit, which he brought to the show on Sunday. Great paint job, but the head looks nothing like the box art. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.

Vin left nothing to chance---even the Saturday night band was outstanding!

I spent way too much money, but brought home an Aurora Anzio Beach kit (complete but for the decals and instruction sheet), Cult of Personality’s Wicked Witch, the Monster Scenes’ CFTBL and replacement head, mummy replacement head for the Moebius kit (Tom and I are now best friends after all these purchases; he even practically “gave” me a full figure Hammer Chris Lee resin Dracula), Moebius’ tiny Lost in Space Robot (somehow I had missed that one being issued), Mike from Forbbiden Zone hand delivered a Nosferatu to me (I think it’s the AFM one), White Zombie from Resinut (buy it; looks even better in person---this is one fantastic kit), and Jayco’s Delisle and Tiger (got to meet Joe Laudati---he even autographed the base for me; just another really cool guy).

Got to spend some quality time with Robb from Dark Carnival and he had his new Costello with him---what a cool sculpt. Franky is soon to follow. Something to really look forward to.

Also had a chance to spend some time with Wolfman Danny. He shared some upcoming kits with me and I’ve got to tell you guys and gals---he is going to blow your socks off with what is coming down the pike! I can’t say anymore cause (1) he knows where I live and (2) he’s a CH Moderator and I like being a member here (lol)! BUT---be excited, be VERY excited!

Got to chat with the Diceman---he’s been having his health issues. We traded health horror stories. If you get a chance, drop him a note and check up on him! I’m sure he’ll appreciate it.

Made a new friend---“Lonster” Bob Pellegrino here at the CH. We pounded down a few brews and I got a chance to get to know this fine gentleman. Looking forward to spending some time with him and Peter at Monster Bash in Mars, PA the third week in July. I’ve never been and they’re telling me if you’re a Universal Monster nut (I am), that’s the place to be that weekend. So, postponing the camping trips with my boys for one weekend to do this!

If I had to find fault with anything, it would be with the fact that the weekend went by way too fast!

For you members who have never attended any of these shows, I urge you, if there is anyway you can see your way to doing so, by all means, do it! Ed

OK, AND NOW FOR THE PICS. I have a free, limited storage capacity Photobucket account, so, please, take and download whatever pics you want because I will have to delete the link and pics in the next couple of months or so.

Click here for pics and enjoy: http://s248.photobucket.com/user/emsink ... PIA%202013
Last edited by emsinker on March 25th, 2013, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better; to know even one person has breathed easier because you have lived---this, this is to have succeeded." Ralph Waldo Emerson

lonster
Glue Sniffer

Re: 2013 OFFICIAL (VIN TOLD ME TO TAKE 'EM) PICS

#2 Post by lonster »

Amen to the aforementioned, Ed! This was a great weekend and a wonderful show!

-- Bob Pellegrino

Stewart Jackson
Bishop of Build Ups

#3 Post by Stewart Jackson »

Ed:

Great shots! It was such a fun show and it was a pleasure to chat with you.

Stewart :D
"Transylvania; land of dark forests and black unfathomed lakes......."

good30
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#4 Post by good30 »

It looks like a great show with some great resin but not noticed any pics of that crazy sculpting genius that is J.L.Crinon (big beard, kilt & bagpipes!). Was he there?

Stu
Grails - Spiderzero Becoming 3 & Killer Bite/b]

Timber
Jack of all Trades

#5 Post by Timber »

emsinker wrote:Click here for pics and enjoy: http://s248.photobucket.com/user/emsink ... PIA%202013
Thanks (!) for the pics. !

Rainer
Rainer GERBER

Lucky, is not the one, who gets all he wants.
The lucky one, is the one who wants what he got.

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#6 Post by derekc62 »

Great shots Ed.
Sorry I missed you at the show.
Derek Conlon

chasd25
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#7 Post by chasd25 »

Great pics, thanks for posting Ed!
"Mother Nature bats last"

LOBOREX
Bishop of Build Ups

#8 Post by LOBOREX »

Looks like a fine time was had by all, thanks for the pics. :D
Helena is here at hand;
And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover's fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be! -Puck

WOLFMAN66
Resin Slayer

#9 Post by WOLFMAN66 »

Ed it was good talking with ya and love the pics ya took for Vin.I made this a sticky for ya and if anyone has any pics to show please post away.It was a great show and had alot of fun. :D
Travelers to unknown regions would be well-advised to take along the family dog. He could just save you from entering the wrong gate.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Kaijumodelkit/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MonarchModelGroup/

plyometrics
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#10 Post by plyometrics »

Thanks for those pics! Looks like the Anzio Beach wasn't quite complete? Almost eh? Next time I'll throw in a couple of bases or Polar Lights kit or something!

Robert T.
Diorama of miracles, the eternal work in progress! http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... 20diorama/

emsinker
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#11 Post by emsinker »

Robert:

At what you sold me that kit for, I would be ashamed to accept anything more from you. Totally happy, my friend. Very, very pleased with the purchase. Ed

plyometrics wrote:Thanks for those pics! Looks like the Anzio Beach wasn't quite complete? Almost eh? Next time I'll throw in a couple of bases or Polar Lights kit or something!

Robert T.
"To find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better; to know even one person has breathed easier because you have lived---this, this is to have succeeded." Ralph Waldo Emerson

RESINCRYPT
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

#12 Post by RESINCRYPT »

Hi Ed,
Thanks so much for all the great pictures and the Awesome review for Resintopia 2. It was great seeing you again and enjoying yourself at the show. Our next show ill be even bigger and better.

GEOFF MARTIN
Squire of the Sprue

#13 Post by GEOFF MARTIN »

:D ..Great photo's Guys....would love to make it one one day...great sweat-shirt Vin :lol:
"ROMANES EUNT DOMUS"?
Grail list..
McVey- MINOTAUR (BUST)
Janus - Pierce/Karloff (yes,that one!)

emsinker
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#14 Post by emsinker »

Vin:

Very least I could do, good friend. Can't thank you enough for all the time and efforts you've put into this. What a fantastic bunch of guys and gals.

Just when we all thought we had seen it all Saturday, just when we thought it was pretty much time to retire---you bring us one fantastic band. They were superb---just like everything else associated with Resintopia.

Thank so much, Vin.

Ed

RESINCRYPT wrote:Hi Ed,
Thanks so much for all the great pictures and the Awesome review for Resintopia 2. It was great seeing you again and enjoying yourself at the show. Our next show ill be even bigger and better.

Spockr
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#15 Post by Spockr »

Great pix Ed! Thanks for posting them up... It was a pleasure meeting you and I really enjoyed our discussions. Its always cool sharing ideas for lighting and other SPFX. BTW; I checked out your Addams Family dio and think it looks great! Also saw your video of a sound/light box. Is this the one you mentioned at the show? Please keep in contact.

Regards,
Matt (from Starlighting Projects)
Regards, Matt

Miniature special FX for scale model environments
http://www.starlightingprojects.com
https://www.facebook.com/starlightingprojects

cire-neivk
Master of Masking

#16 Post by cire-neivk »

Great pics!Alot of nice looking kits.
Eric

jayco35
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#17 Post by jayco35 »

Great seeing and speaking with you Ed thanks for the support with your purchase and the great review and pics. 8)

frankzilla
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#18 Post by frankzilla »

Thanks to all who posted these great pictures for those of us that could not make it.

Frank
Last edited by frankzilla on March 27th, 2013, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

plyometrics
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#19 Post by plyometrics »

emsinker wrote:Robert:

At what you sold me that kit for, I would be ashamed to accept anything more from you. Totally happy, my friend. Very, very pleased with the purchase. Ed

plyometrics wrote:Thanks for those pics! Looks like the Anzio Beach wasn't quite complete? Almost eh? Next time I'll throw in a couple of bases or Polar Lights kit or something!

Robert T.
Ok ok. Stop being so happy about it already. LOL

Robert T.
Diorama of miracles, the eternal work in progress! http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... 20diorama/

Emphantasy
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#20 Post by Emphantasy »

Thanks for posting!!