G-Fest info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

LeGrandzilla's G-Fest 2019 report

#1 Post by Jon LeGrand »

here is a quick video about G-Fest 26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqE3Su0 ... m-comments
ALL YOUR KAIJU MODEL KITS ARE BELONG TO US!!
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: LeGrandzilla's G-Fest 2019 report

#2 Post by bucketfoot-al »

WhOaAa!!!!!!!!!!!! First off Jon, Thank You for an outstanding look at your corner of WF '19!

Being so far away in CA I have never been able to attend one of these. I would love to be able to display my (few) works like you did, just to have the enjoyment of participating. I went to a few modeling IPMS events around here back in '07, but it was 99% vehicles and ships, which (Yamato aside) isn't 'my thing'.

32 entries - for sale too (!?!) :drool2:

As an aside, Jon, I am lucky if I build 4 kits in a YEAR! :cry:

I know producers use it as an opportunity to debut new kits ... like those Harryhausen busts you got - who makes those? Got a link? :wink:

How long does it take you to drive there and back?
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: LeGrandzilla's G-Fest 2019 report

#3 Post by Jon LeGrand »

bucketfoot-al wrote:WhOaAa!!!!!!!!!!!! First off Jon, Thank You for an outstanding look at your corner of WF '19!

Being so far away in CA I have never been able to attend one of these. I would love to be able to display my (few) works like you did, just to have the enjoyment of participating. I went to a few modeling IPMS events around here back in '07, but it was 99% vehicles and ships, which (Yamato aside) isn't 'my thing'.

32 entries - for sale too (!?!) :drool2:

As an aside, Jon, I am lucky if I build 4 kits in a YEAR! :cry:

I know producers use it as an opportunity to debut new kits ... like those Harryhausen busts you got - who makes those? Got a link? :wink:

How long does it take you to drive there and back?
It is about an 8 hour drive one way for me, 7 if I did not stop at all. Better than WF which is almost 12 hours or Jerseyfest which was about 25 hours!
You can find the busts here:
https://blackheartmodels.com/ George Stephenson, formerly of Geometric owns Blackheart now.
I did have like 5 of the 32 kits for sale at the table, but only one of them sold, to Bob Eggleton! I did sell a few things not in the contest, including my Billiken Ultraman vs Bemular diorama and the Always Godzilla diorama. Sill have a lot I want to sell but most would not ship too easily so I was hoping to sell them at the convention.
ALL YOUR KAIJU MODEL KITS ARE BELONG TO US!!
Thanks, Jon LeGrand