raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#21 Post by raydrz »

NM 156 wrote:Hey Kenny,

"that should do it for now... should be around umm 3 g's..."

Is that 3 Godzillas or $3,000!!! :lol: That IS the biggest
problem with "G" kits. The LOUSY exchange rate!!!
That G vs Meg. IS a great kit, saw it at WF.

Later, Matt K.
i think (i hope) kenny meant the HUGE g v megabug poster art kit...what i call the 'bug hug'...i coulda got it from XO (approx $650) @ Gfest several tears ago but wouldn't have been able to get much else...so i dropped the ball :( ...THAT"S like $1200 now...the one @ WF is "ONLY" $500-ish...

never did care much for that GMK dio...so the $1500-2000 wasn't a temptaion anyway...i got the Godzilla piece from XO right when it came out (before the dio was released)...always hated that version of ghidorah...worst one ever!...
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

gothiken
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Knight of the Round Bench

#22 Post by gothiken »

dammn the "Bug Hug" was at WF this year and I didnt friggin see it..

yeap John that was the one.........

:x

http://www.jerseyfestfair.com

Kenny Caruso

check us out on Facebook at The Modelers Lair.......

I Am Legend.

Evil_Ryu
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#23 Post by Evil_Ryu »

Hey raydrz, is kaijumodeler gonna be there? They are not on the dealers list.......

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#24 Post by raydrz »

gothiken wrote:dammn the "Bug Hug" was at WF this year and I didnt friggin see it..

yeap John that was the one.........

:x
who had it???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#25 Post by raydrz »

Evil_Ryu wrote:Hey raydrz, is kaijumodeler gonna be there? They are not on the dealers list.......
i just noticed that this morning...i gotta check that out!!!
JOHN PETIK

gothiken
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#26 Post by gothiken »

I thought I read from someone they saw this year at the fest :?:

Kenny Caruso

I Am Legend.

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#27 Post by raydrz »

gothiken wrote:I thought I read from someone they saw this year at the fest :?:
could be they were referring to bilal/hobby dude's yamakawa GXM buildup in the contest where the tails are intertwined...
JOHN PETIK

Mitchellmania
Banned for Life
Banned for Life
Duke of Dry Brush

#28 Post by Mitchellmania »

Man I've been reading G-Fan for many years with my son, and we always dreamed about going to Wonderfest!!

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#29 Post by raydrz »

the resin chef team ukeke guys told me their stories of travelling to japan WF...as a dealer, it's incredible...the 1st couple years, they were just attendees...

we bitch about a couple 100 people in line...how'd ya like to be in a line 10,000 people long????
JOHN PETIK

gothiken
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#30 Post by gothiken »

hmmm probably that was it..

that would be a dream to goto an event like that ..

Kenny Caruso

I Am Legend.

Zeiram
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#31 Post by Zeiram »

raydrz wrote:Ccould be they were referring to bilal/hobby dude's yamakawa GXM buildup in the contest where the tails are intertwined...
I actually prefer the Yamakawa kit.

- larry
The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything.

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#32 Post by raydrz »

Zeiram wrote:
raydrz wrote:Ccould be they were referring to bilal/hobby dude's yamakawa GXM buildup in the contest where the tails are intertwined...
I actually prefer the Yamakawa kit.

- larry
which one did you build up back in the day? yamakawa or KOC??? just another (ho-hum :wink: ) LB buildup that will be etched in my memory forever!!! :thumb2: :bow:
JOHN PETIK

Zeiram
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#33 Post by Zeiram »

raydrz wrote:which one did you build up back in the day? yamakawa or KOC???
You are quite silly, but to answer your question I built the Yamakawa one. Sold it on eBay not too long ago.

- larry
The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything.

Zeiram
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#34 Post by Zeiram »

So how was the show?

- larry

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#35 Post by raydrz »

there were goods & there were not-so-goods...

goods:

i sold a bunch of stuff and left with some cool merchandise...

little porcelain figures of GAMERA:LITTLE BRAVES were my main score...as well as the 5 pc little konami type set and of course, the actual DVD, which i watched last night and must say it's way above average...not as strong as G3 but liked it better than G1 & G2...

4 cool kaiju t-shirts

anytime i leave a show with more money than i came with (after ALL expenses---including $40 parking for the 3 days) and get some cool products, it's all good...

the not-so-goods:

lotsa 'regulars' were not in attendance...no john tuckyXO, no alanW monsters direct, no mike wallace, no bill gudmunson, no ed godziewski & family, no bilal/hobby dude...BUT still got to see lotsa other folks...steven (evil_ryu) came up and introduced himself and car(o)l :wink: Zombiezilla and his fam made it...plus other pals from TX, OK, NE, MI, AL, TN, CA, NM...

STan coulda used your help with seminars, LB!!!he asked about you & we're all happy to have you 'back'!!! him and mattE (kaiju modeler) and gregR (zillatrader) did most of the work...larry tribula came up to STan and asked if he could do a seminar next year...STan turns and says "how bout this year?"...5 minutes later, larry's doing a seminar on dioramas using his G v talos and fighting packys that we all saw @ WF07...

kaijumodeler, zillatrader & me all at one table had 99% of all kits offered...not many takers...but greg & i sold A TON of buildups...old ones, new ones, good ones, bad ones...didn't matter... :shock:

hotel still suxxx...parking $10 a day...no ins & outs...so they held ya hostage to their eateries...which cost A MINT!!!...<<<$8 for cup o coffee & bagel>>>NICE!...
the BIG contraversy was whether or not it would be back in chi for 2008...rumors of the twin cities abounded...that was settled satPM a couple pals of mine were cocktailing with JD & it was verified for same bat channel next year...

which lead to the next contraversy...NOT THE SAME BAT TIME!!!...it's gonna be 7/3-4-5-6/2008...that's right 4 days due to one being the 4th...could be good...anytime it's a holiday weekend though it could be disastrous...
JOHN PETIK

Evil_Ryu
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#36 Post by Evil_Ryu »

It was nice to meet a clubhouse member, john (raydrz), but other than that I literally walked in, with like an hour left on friday night and circled the room looking for Kaiju modeler. Talked to Matt for a while and bought a Kaiju Freaks 62 Godzilla......Bad ass kit!!!!!! http://www.kaijukits.com/library/kaijuf ... 62/g62.htm

I would have looked around, but that hour was spent at Matts tables looking at kits....but i'm sure just by scanning the show that everything else was mostly toys and memorabilia. Might not go to wonderfest next year, but will definitely go to G fest next year since its like 2 seconds from Chicago. Also wanna say that Matt is an awesome person and is not just a dealer, but also a kitbuilder just like the rest of us...so he's got a lot of love for this hobby. Definitely recommend checkin his page out, www.kaijumodeler.com.

Hobby_Dude
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#37 Post by Hobby_Dude »

Hey John,

Thanks for the show review. I really wish I could have made it this year. It's too bad so many of the regulars did not make it this year. I think it's a bad idea to have the show over the 4th of July weekend. I don't know about you guys but I have a hard time getting my wife and daughters excited about driving for hours to another one of my Hobby Shows or spending a holiday weekend without me. Having said that, I'm really gonna make it a priority to get there because I think it's a great show and I want to support it.

Yeah, Matt is a great guy and a big Godzilla modeling fan. I hope some of the other dealers like XO-Facto and Monsters Direct can make it next year.

How was the model contest and when are you gonna get the pictures posted?

Bilal
-- Hobby Dude

Zeiram
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#38 Post by Zeiram »

Thanks for the review. I really wish I could have made it, but we're way too close to the move date now. It's full-tilt crazy time here. :shock:

I'm glad you did well with some of your kits and build ups. It's a bummer that some of the usual suspects couldn't be there, but it sounds like you still had a good time. I'm sure STan did just fine. He's a master of improvisation, and I think he could make a handful of toothpicks and a lump of epoxy putty look interesting. :) Wow. Larry Tribula, there's a name I haven't heard in a while. How fun!

- larry

JimPV
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#39 Post by JimPV »

Evil_Ryu wrote:Matt is an awesome person and is not just a dealer, but also a kitbuilder just like the rest of us...so he's got a lot of love for this hobby. Definitely recommend checkin his page out, www.kaijumodeler.com.
He's also got some incredible prices on his page. I got a 50cm Paradise Godzilla '54 from him for $150.00 (including shipping!). By far the cheapest I've ever seen it.

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#40 Post by raydrz »

It's too bad so many of the regulars did not make it this year. I think it's a bad idea to have the show over the 4th of July weekend. I don't know about you guys but I have a hard time getting my wife and daughters excited about driving for hours to another one of my Hobby Shows or spending a holiday weekend without me.
heard many many folks singing these blues...wish i had my guitar available to accompany them...

i just got the bad news
the fourth is the fest
when i tell the family
i better wear a kevlar vest
:wink:
I hope some of the other dealers like XO-Facto and Monsters Direct can make it next year.

kinda doubt XO will and can all but GUARANTEE mosters direct will NOT be there...the wataguchis are moving to hawaii...alan's wife has been handling all the MD biz basically by herself for over a year now...
How was the model contest and when are you gonna get the pictures posted?
my camera's feeling under the weather these days, so i got ZERO pixxx...the model room had around 30 entries...12-15 of which were kids division...

larry tribula's G v talos, fighting packys, gwangi were 3 of the nicer ones...there was a GIGANTIC display of godzilla vs the titanic based on the G-fan cover which was incredible...jon legrand had a baragon, a paradise G62 (nato base version IIRC), and a couple more that were nice...

conspicuous by their absence: bilal's handful of gold ribbon winners, my own usual 8-10 suspects, 'judges table stuff' chef bill, mattE, mike wallace
JOHN PETIK