G-FEST July 3 to 6

G-Fest info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#21 Post by raydrz »

thanxxx for posting so quick carl...still wish it coulda been you me greg nicotero & the 2 ZZs...

oh well...had a great time as a zilla fan, a kit seller, a hotmom hunter :drool2: , a model contest entrant, a camera expert :wink: ...

great to see carl, steve, and matt again!...sorry carl & steve will NOT be WF attendants...

ATTENTION KAIJU KIT FANS!!!!! please send matt an EMAIL (not a PM) rergarding what you'll be looking for @ WF08...MOST OF HIS STOCK WAS SOLD AT GFEST...I MEAN LOTS WAS SOLD FOLKS!!!!...if you'd like to also PM me with your names & requests, i can pass that on to matt as a backup plan...

t's facto godzilla evolution $425 INCREDIBLE!!!
t's facto kaiser ghidorah $???
shinzen godzillasaurus $165 FANTASTIC! may be out...
image DAM kits: ALL AVAILABLE except anguiras & godzilla himself...

check out ghostlord's kaijukits.com for new releases i may have neglected to list...

steveG maybe can chime in on his MUST-HAVES...he paid for his stuff by brinks truck!!!! :shock:
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#22 Post by raydrz »

A DIFFERENT POST I HAD MADE ELSEWHERE:
i just got back from godzilla fest and boy am i rejuvenated...i may get zero sleep tonight...didn't have much loot but sold some stuff, won a couple ribbons in the contest, hung out twice with greg nicotero & his son, and basically am super pumped for WF in weeks...at least a dozen G-festers will be @ WF...incl greg nicotero who had been scheduled for london, but thinxxx now might make WF...ya heard it here first...it was too cool that land of the dead was on sat PM after shooting the breeze with him earlier...a real down-to-earth guy...going to G-fest was due to his son's 6th birthday...just zap into CHI from LA for 48 hours and get zilla'd!...
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."

Evil_Ryu
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#23 Post by Evil_Ryu »

G-Fest was definitely a good time. Of course Matt was the only kit dealer there, but he had a ton of great kits (and sold a ton of them too). The modeling session was also fun and Matt get's the award for fastest vinyl build up of Kaiyodo's 1964 vinyl kit, lol.

I will post up the kits that I picked up with my thoughts on them a little later today as well as kits that I didn't have a chance to pick up, but recommend.

Zombiezilla
Earl of Epoxy

#24 Post by Zombiezilla »

raydrz wrote:A DIFFERENT POST I HAD MADE ELSEWHERE:
i just got back from godzilla fest and boy am i rejuvenated...i may get zero sleep tonight...didn't have much loot but sold some stuff, won a couple ribbons in the contest, hung out twice with greg nicotero & his son, and basically am super pumped for WF in weeks...at least a dozen G-festers will be @ WF...incl greg nicotero who had been scheduled for london, but thinxxx now might make WF...ya heard it here first...it was too cool that land of the dead was on sat PM after shooting the breeze with him earlier...a real down-to-earth guy...going to G-fest was due to his son's 6th birthday...just zap into CHI from LA for 48 hours and get zilla'd!...
John, did you end up selling the Godzilla Vs. Ebirah piece to that kid???

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#25 Post by raydrz »

nope...3 people were very interested...

when the kid & his folks came back it was gone...another guy from hoffman estates who took my name & number (hasn't called yet) was also interested...but the goods went to a fella who had bought the gargantua diorama the day before...
JOHN PETIK

Zombiezilla
Earl of Epoxy

#26 Post by Zombiezilla »

Well, congrats are in order!!!

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#27 Post by raydrz »

wasn't too bad...still about a million buxxx short of being a millionaire... :wink:
JOHN PETIK

Kaijumodeler
Brush Jockey

#28 Post by Kaijumodeler »

Yea that was a good time, great seeing everyone again and great meeting all the new guys and gals just getting into kaijumodeling. Thanks to everyone who supported Kaijumodeler and G-fest at the show! Great work by the guys who brought kits for the contest as well! See you next week at Wonderfest and still have plenty of kaiju kits for everyone.

Matt

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#29 Post by Jon LeGrand »

Hey what kits did people pick up at G-Fest 15? I got a Megalon too, Zombiezilla! Also Image Godzilla 95 & 55, Daimos swimming Godzilla 2002, and a Kaiyodo Gamera 99! Should keep me busy for a while.
ALL YOUR KAIJU MODEL KITS ARE BELONG TO US!!
Thanks, Jon LeGrand