Check This thread

Who's coming to G-Fest?

G-Fest info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

DenZilla
Master of Masking

Who's coming to G-Fest?

#1 Post by DenZilla »

28 days and counting 'til G-Fest. It should be interesting with the change of venue. Apparently, due to demand, lot's of stuff has been moved across the street to the convention center. I was just wondering who's coming.
Dennis
This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to.

http://s858.photobucket.com/user/dennis ... t=3&page=1

http://bludygyres.com/

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

Re: Who's coming to G-Fest?

#2 Post by raydrz »

waitaminnit! what did you hear dennis? where did ya hear it????

the whole new hours friday has really put a damper on my enthusiasm...as well as kept me from getting a table...so i won't be taking this multi-location news too well :?

hours used to be 5-9 or sumpin like dat...now 12-7?!?!?!? ITSA FRIDAY FOR GOD'S SAKE! by the time people get off work and get there dealer room will be closed...
then saturday i got an annual gig to jam at so i'd be MIA from like 3 til close...

i got no G targets that i'd be looking to purchase & won't be selling either...

except to see my kaiju brothers (you, jonL, bilal(?), larryT, carlZZ, matt, big mike, fred and a couple others...and of course several lovely ladies there every year :wink: ), i'm not sure if i'll even make this one...thursday there's 4 very watchable flixxx i might catch...the PM ones for sure G2K & megaguirus!...

...and one night for dinner jon (& his son) & i will be doing sushi...anyone else in for dat? fred...don't be having another upper/lower GI-fest again :lol:
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#3 Post by Jon LeGrand »

Yeah, I would like to know more about what you heard too Dennis! My son and I are planning to come, but my Dad is still doing poorly. He has a narcotic patch now for his pain, which isn't working, he has trouble breathing even with oxygen and yesterday I found out he has bronchitus, so he is on antibiotics. I know my parents would hate for me to miss it because they know it is a big deal to me. Its the only thing like this I get to go to all year, and every time I see my Mom she asks "how many days till G-Fest and am I excited?"
John, c'mon you gotta bring something to the model room!
I do hope we are able to pig out on sushi, if you don't come to g-Fest we will need to figure out how to connect for that. Let me know how you want to do it...
ALL YOUR KAIJU MODEL KITS ARE BELONG TO US!!
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#4 Post by raydrz »

i got no kaiju done...ankylo-guirus made his G-fest appearance in 09...

and i don't wanna hafta rush them biollantes or RCZ2...

a while ago i emailed jd's wife to see if i could volunteer 3-4++++ hours/day...but still haven't heard back...

would you be planning to be in town thurs? maybe a double feature followed by sushi, a rest and a PM double feature???

i get a little crazy :nuts: when i hear 'big G on the big screen' :wink:

howz THAT sound to ANYONE in town on thursday????
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#5 Post by raydrz »

...and thoughts and prayers for your dad, you & your family, bro [-o<

keep us updated...
JOHN PETIK

DenZilla
Master of Masking

#6 Post by DenZilla »

All I know is what I read on G-Fan's site. It actually says that the panels are being moved across the street so hopefully the model display room won't be. The hotel and the con. center are connected by a covered walkway.
Dennis

Mike Wallace
Jack of all Trades

#7 Post by Mike Wallace »

Rob ,Chris and I might go for one day.
That way we're not held hostage by Rosemont.
Mike W

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#8 Post by Jon LeGrand »

raydrz wrote:i got no kaiju done...ankylo-guirus made his G-fest appearance in 09...

a while ago i emailed jd's wife to see if i could volunteer 3-4++++ hours/day...but still haven't heard back...

would you be planning to be in town thurs? maybe a double feature followed by sushi, a rest and a PM double feature???

I have never gone to any of the films before, but we do plan to get there Thursday and that sounds fun to go see some G-Films with you and get sushi..I will give you the same deal as last year, you get us there, I will buy!! 8) What time would we need to be there?
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#9 Post by Jon LeGrand »

raydrz wrote:...and thoughts and prayers for your dad, you & your family, bro [-o<

keep us updated...
Thanks, Buddy! I appreciate that.
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#10 Post by raydrz »

Jon LeGrand wrote:
raydrz wrote:i got no kaiju done...ankylo-guirus made his G-fest appearance in 09...

I have never gone to any of the films before, but we do plan to get there Thursday and that sounds fun to go see some G-Films with you and get sushi..I will give you the same deal as last year, you get us there, I will buy!! 8) What time would we need to be there?
let's figure sushi first then the PM films...unless you're in for the 2 films, food, 2 films...

son of godzilla is 1:30
g v mothra 92 is 3PM

***SUSHI BREAK***

godzilla2000 is 7:30PM
megaguirus is 9:30PM

saturday PM is the original gojira @ 10:30PM...if you're still thinking about checking out tentfest & my band, we could catch G54 after that...food & beverage at tentfest is totally gratis...there will be bands all day...

i told ruth i'd be available to volunteer all day friday & sunday...waiting to hear back from her...
JOHN PETIK

DenZilla
Master of Masking

#11 Post by DenZilla »

I just talked to J.D. The entire fest ( including the model room) is across the street at the convention center so plan accordingly.
Dennis

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#12 Post by Jon LeGrand »

DenZilla wrote:I just talked to J.D. The entire fest ( including the model room) is across the street at the convention center so plan accordingly.
That sounds terrible! So you bring your 15 boxes of model parts, etc up to your room so it don't melt in your car, then you take them down to the hotel lobby and walk them across the street to another building to who knows where or how far...I am trying to imagine how many trips it is going to take and if it will be worthwhile! :evil: Well I guess we will find out soon...
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#13 Post by Jon LeGrand »

raydrz wrote:
Jon LeGrand wrote:

let's figure sushi first then the PM films...unless you're in for the 2 films, food, 2 films...

son of godzilla is 1:30
g v mothra 92 is 3PM

***SUSHI BREAK***

godzilla2000 is 7:30PM
megaguirus is 9:30PM

saturday PM is the original gojira @ 10:30PM...if you're still thinking about checking out tentfest & my band, we could catch G54 after that...food & beverage at tentfest is totally gratis...there will be bands all day...

i told ruth i'd be available to volunteer all day friday & sunday...waiting to hear back from her...
I agree, John. Megaguirus would be my fave film out of those to see, and that way I don't hafta bust nothin to get there.
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

DenZilla
Master of Masking

#14 Post by DenZilla »

Jon LeGrand wrote:
DenZilla wrote:I just talked to J.D. The entire fest ( including the model room) is across the street at the convention center so plan accordingly.
That sounds terrible! So you bring your 15 boxes of model parts, etc up to your room so it don't melt in your car, then you take them down to the hotel lobby and walk them across the street to another building to who knows where or how far...I am trying to imagine how many trips it is going to take and if it will be worthwhile! :evil: Well I guess we will find out soon...
Yeah it's probablly going to suck. I was going to bring lots of build-ups but may scale that number back some now. The only positive is that there is a covered skyway connecting the hotel to the convention center so we may not have to make 100 trips up and down. I'm going to try to see if I can bring some kind of float like you see at garden centers because were coming in our cargo van and should have space. If I do everyone is free to use it.
Dennis

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#15 Post by raydrz »

sure ain't gonna be able to use the wardrobe sleds from the hotel :?
JOHN PETIK

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#16 Post by raydrz »

Jon LeGrand wrote:
exactly the kinda clusterbomb i was imagining
JOHN PETIK

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#17 Post by raydrz »

Jon LeGrand wrote: I agree, John. Megaguirus would be my fave film out of those to see, and that way I don't hafta bust nothin to get there.
ok for thurs let's eat then catch the double bill
JOHN PETIK

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#18 Post by Jon LeGrand »

raydrz wrote:
Jon LeGrand wrote: I agree, John. Megaguirus would be my fave film out of those to see, and that way I don't hafta bust nothin to get there.
ok for thurs let's eat then catch the double bill
You are on! Can you meet us in front of the hotel? What time?
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

Kaijumodeler
Brush Jockey

#19 Post by Kaijumodeler »

If they have a drop off area that may be the way to go, I have a ton of stuff to load in as well and it might work out better that its all on the first floor if we have to we can load up the van with everyone's build-ups and make one trip over. This could be pretty interesting to see what the show looks like if its all in one place like Wonderfest was 3 years ago, I thought the model contest looked great right next to the dealers, out in the open like that. Anyone been in that convention center before? I also have two carts for loading in and you guys are welcome to use them if you like.

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#20 Post by raydrz »

looong time ago i caught an IPMS show there...HUGE room for that show!...i believe that room was on the 2nd floor
JOHN PETIK