raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

Re: Who's coming to G-Fest?

#21 Post by raydrz »

Jon LeGrand wrote:
raydrz wrote:
Jon LeGrand wrote: I agree, John. Megaguirus would be my fave film out of those to see, and that way I don't hafta bust nothin to get there.
ok for thurs let's eat then catch the double bill
You are on! Can you meet us in front of the hotel? What time?
i could call your room when i leave my house...you have a PM 8)
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

tohoboy
Jack of all Trades

#22 Post by tohoboy »

Looking forward to seeing all you guys there! I'm bringing a fold up cart if anyone needs to borrow it.

Jon,
I hope you're dad is doing better.
Fred Del Vecchio

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#23 Post by Jon LeGrand »

Thanks Fred. He is not doing very well right now, hopefully he gets rid of his bronchitis soon.
ALL YOUR KAIJU MODEL KITS ARE BELONG TO US!!
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

Paul Helfrich
Squire of the Sprue

#24 Post by Paul Helfrich »

I'll be there with sons (and junior Kaiju modelers) Donald and Gerry. Even bringing the wife this year, who, get this, has KNITTED a Gamera which she is going to put in the art contest! 8)

Too bad about the convention center thing - hopefully the "covered walkway" will make it tolerable. As long as I don't have to actually go outside, I'm cool with it (literally).
“Hello darkness, my old friend...I've come to talk with you again." - Paul Simon

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#25 Post by raydrz »

there's been some outrageous art in the past...one year a needlepoint space G just blew me away...good luck!
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#26 Post by Jon LeGrand »

Jon LeGrand wrote:Thanks Fred. He is not doing very well right now, hopefully he gets rid of his bronchitis soon.
It turned out Dad had pnemonia, not bronchitis, but the antibiotics helped and we think he is over it! The narcotic patch makes him a little dizzy but it takes some edge off his pain. If he keeps in this direction, with G-Fest less than 2WEEKS away, I hope to make it! :D
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#27 Post by raydrz »

good news about dad & GF, jon!
JOHN PETIK

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#28 Post by Jon LeGrand »

raydrz wrote:good news about dad & GF, jon!
Yes indeed!
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

tohoboy
Jack of all Trades

#29 Post by tohoboy »

That's great to hear Jon! See you in Chicago.
Fred Del Vecchio

Paul Helfrich
Squire of the Sprue

#30 Post by Paul Helfrich »

Good news and see you there! I hope to meet more of you guys in person this year.
“Hello darkness, my old friend...I've come to talk with you again." - Paul Simon

tohoboy
Jack of all Trades

#31 Post by tohoboy »

Just an FYI, guys, the Rosemont Hotel is undergoing renovations (they posted it on their website). The website said they'd be done by July 1st, but I called, and they are not done yet. Supposed to affect the lobby, restaurant, and some rooms. Don't know extensively it will affect hotel operations. I guess it's one reason why we're in the convention center this year.
Fred Del Vecchio

Paul Helfrich
Squire of the Sprue

#32 Post by Paul Helfrich »

According to the Rosemont Hotel's website, "April-July 2010: The Hotel's pool and fitness center will be closed for renovation." That REALLY sucks, when you're bringing kids (as I am.) Directly contradicts the G-Fest website, which says "...the Rosemont Hotel at O’Hare. Just minutes from O’Hare Airport, the hotel contains a restaurant and bar and indoor pool. "
Although perhaps the renovations weren't known when J.D. had to switch hotels.

Kaijumodeler
Brush Jockey

#33 Post by Kaijumodeler »

See you guys in Chicago, get those build-ups packed up. I have somewhere between 15 and 20 build-ups that will be on display at the show. If you were interested in a kit this would be the time to check them out. Over $1000.00 in prizes for the model contest, bring out those kits, we all want to see them. Talk to you at the show.

Matt E.

DenZilla
Master of Masking

#34 Post by DenZilla »

Paul Helfrich wrote:According to the Rosemont Hotel's website, "April-July 2010: The Hotel's pool and fitness center will be closed for renovation." That REALLY sucks, when you're bringing kids (as I am.) Directly contradicts the G-Fest website, which says "...the Rosemont Hotel at O’Hare. Just minutes from O’Hare Airport, the hotel contains a restaurant and bar and indoor pool. "
Although perhaps the renovations weren't known when J.D. had to switch hotels.
The front desk said we could use the pool at the hotel next door.
Dennis
This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to.

http://s858.photobucket.com/user/dennis ... t=3&page=1

http://bludygyres.com/

Paul Helfrich
Squire of the Sprue

#35 Post by Paul Helfrich »

I went ahead and switched to the Doubletree. Figure the only thing I'm giving up is the covered walkway to the convention center, plus I'm gaining the pool and fitness center in the same hotel (very important to keep the wife happy!) :D I didn't make my Rosemont reservation in time to get the best G-Fest rate there anyway, so I'm actually going to pay about the same for the room at the Doubletree.

Paul Helfrich
Squire of the Sprue

#36 Post by Paul Helfrich »

According to schedule in program book, look like the model contest check-in time is back to Saturday morning, as in the past...

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#37 Post by raydrz »

early review: BRUTAL!...murphy was out in full force!

thurs PM...G2K & megaguirus...taste of park ridge was going on but jon legrand & his son & i got a lucky spot...or we'd have had to park blocks away...

friday AM...boss had some undisclosed emergency...office mate called at crack of dawn to tell me to come in...

left ofc 5PM...at Gfest 6PM...the hotel was a nightmare...the convention center seemed in another zip code...i parked in a lot that had a sign taped on it saying "gfest attendees...get your ticket validated...blah blah blah"...of course it would have been too easy to put "G-FEST: NO DISCOUNTED RATES"

glad this won't be future MO...REALLY wish it went back to arlington heights...

i'll return in full force next year...vendor and contest entrant...
JOHN PETIK

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#38 Post by raydrz »

got some nice pixxx from the contest room...so far bilal, dennis, fred & jon comprise 75% of the scene...all looks like silver and gold quality awards...

the other 25% ain't no slouches either...lotsa stuff i've never seen actually built up before...

@ paul...i guess you got the updated info...i seen yer stuff there already :thumb2:
JOHN PETIK

Paul Helfrich
Squire of the Sprue

#39 Post by Paul Helfrich »

Yeah, the schedule all made sense in the end, and Stan was real cool about letting us get models checked in Fri afternoon. Listening to Robert Butler and Stan right now!

Zeiram
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#40 Post by Zeiram »

Tell Stan that Larry says, "Hi! And by the way, Minya still sucks." :lol:

- larry
The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything.