Check This thread

Who's coming to G-Fest?

G-Fest info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

SonofJoker
Seam Filler

Re: Who's coming to G-Fest?

#41 Post by SonofJoker »

I'd love to be there right now. Hope you guys are having loads of fun!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#42 Post by raydrz »

i got in on some fabulous robert butler info on sunday...he's one of the coolest!...ya should have seen him go kit by kit with fred and compliment/critique each entry individually...that conversation (nearly 60 minutes) should have been recorded & released as a chapter on a RB DVD...

then he did eyes, teeth, dino patterns, colors, greyscale renderings...just a friggin fountain of info!!!!
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#43 Post by raydrz »

SoJ...did jon meet up with your pal @ the fest???
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."

Paul Helfrich
Squire of the Sprue

#44 Post by Paul Helfrich »

Robert is FANTASTIC. He helped me try (OK, don't laugh too hard) a double-action airbrush for the first time at the Fest. May turn out to be a life-changing experience!

He and Stan were both incredibly generous with their time in offering critiques and helpful tips. I only wish I could have listened to every word they had to say in the modeling sessions - keeping track of family sometimes pulled me away. Overall, though, still a great learning experience!
“Hello darkness, my old friend...I've come to talk with you again." - Paul Simon

SonofJoker
Seam Filler

#45 Post by SonofJoker »

raydrz wrote:SoJ...did jon meet up with your pal @ the fest???
I haven't heard from my friend or Jon so I'm not sure. I hope they did get to meet.

And with any luck and a little hope, I'll be there next year with all of you. :D
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#46 Post by raydrz »

Paul Helfrich wrote:Robert is FANTASTIC. He helped me try (OK, don't laugh too hard) a double-action airbrush for the first time at the Fest. May turn out to be a life-changing experience!

He and Stan were both incredibly generous with their time in offering critiques and helpful tips. I only wish I could have listened to every word they had to say in the modeling sessions - keeping track of family sometimes pulled me away. Overall, though, still a great learning experience!
i was in the room when he was having a guy named "ED" try out the velocity on a sketch of orga (not the version used in the flick)...

really got my airbrush jones motivated...
JOHN PETIK

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#47 Post by Jon LeGrand »

SonofJoker wrote:
I haven't heard from my friend or Jon so I'm not sure. I hope they did get to meet.

And with any luck and a little hope, I'll be there next year with all of you. :D
Yep, I got to meet Skip finally! BTW, did he find a resin kit for you?
ALL YOUR KAIJU MODEL KITS ARE BELONG TO US!!
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

SonofJoker
Seam Filler

#48 Post by SonofJoker »

Jon LeGrand wrote:
SonofJoker wrote:

Yep, I got to meet Skip finally! BTW, did he find a resin kit for you?
Hey! Glad you got to meet Skip! Sadly due to my hours being cut at work, I wasn't able to come up with any money to give to Skip. But maybe (fingers crossed) if I can make it to the Fest next year, I'll finally be able to pick up a kit. Who knows.

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#49 Post by Jon LeGrand »

Sure hope you make it next year Jesse! I will buy you lunch! Hey I saw your creature buildup on Youtube too! Good job!
ALL YOUR KAIJU MODEL KITS ARE BELONG TO US!!
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

tohoboy
Jack of all Trades

#50 Post by tohoboy »

Great seeing all you guys again this year!! Nice to finally meet Bilial in person! You guys are a great bunch to talk to and I really enjoy the comradery and feeling of community. All your kits were awesome!!!!! I learn so much seeing your build-ups. You guys should get involved in the model building demos. Lots of folks (especially myself) could learn a lot from hearing how you do things. Conrats to all the winners! Each one of your kits were incredible.

Looking forward to next year (now that I have no money left :D ).
Fred Del Vecchio

DenZilla
Master of Masking

#51 Post by DenZilla »

tohoboy wrote:Great seeing all you guys again this year!! Nice to finally meet Bilial in person! You guys are a great bunch to talk to and I really enjoy the comradery and feeling of community. All your kits were awesome!!!!! I learn so much seeing your build-ups. You guys should get involved in the model building demos. Lots of folks (especially myself) could learn a lot from hearing how you do things. Conrats to all the winners! Each one of your kits were incredible.

Looking forward to next year (now that I have no money left :D ).
Hey Fred, Thanks again for the awards lunch tix. I owe you one man. :thumb2:
Dennis
This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to.

http://s858.photobucket.com/user/dennis ... t=3&page=1

http://bludygyres.com/

tohoboy
Jack of all Trades

#52 Post by tohoboy »

Anytime! We Bulldogs gotta stick together!
Fred Del Vecchio