G-Fest info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

G-FEST 2013

#1 Post by raydrz »

well as of today it's official...because i didn't "mark the calendar" at work, i'm O-U-T for this year's fest...i'm certain i'll catch a flick or 2, but i'll be working all day thursday (set-up day) and friday...

i'm so crushed that i won't be able to set up a table that i may not even attend at all...

aside from the fact that i been making $3000-4000 every year i set up...

i also got ZERO motivation to do any modeling now...

ruined my WHOLE FRIGGIN YEAR!

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

Re: G-FEST 2013

#2 Post by timetraveler »

Any chance you can leave early on Friday? If you could zip over to Chicago in the late afternoon you might be able to set up that night. Even if you set up on Saturday morning I'm willing to bet you'd still have strong sales. I know I buy a lot on Sunday and usually its the big ticket models.

Your entries should be displayed this year too. I always look forward to seeing your projects in person.

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#3 Post by raydrz »

i'll be locking the doors @ 6:01PM at the earliest :?

plus set-up is usually all day thursday & a bit more friday before the doors open...believe me if i could get there friday @ 7PM (assuming everything all packed & ready the nite before) and work as long as i'd need to be set up for sat & sun, i'd be all over that...

... :roll: :roll: :roll:

...but hey i can hope against hope [-o<
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#4 Post by raydrz »

i'd think missing friday hours would hurt...usually pretty good sales and people scouting before spending...end up as saturday sales most of the time...
JOHN PETIK

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

#5 Post by timetraveler »

Does the hotel set up your basic table assignment for you? If so you could run off lists of what you have and their prices and this stack of lists could be left out on the table on Friday. The list could indicate your delay but would tell when you'll be there to start the sale. Just get the stack of lists to someone you know and trust who will be in the dealers room and will put them out in time for the grand opening on Friday. You could even swing by Thursday night and put out the lists and any other real basic set-up. People are real interested in your stuff and I think they would wait on purchases if they knew you were going to be there and if they had an idea of what you have.

I think it is do-able :wink:

p.s. You could even have one special list that would stay with the table that would have a picture of each item with its keyed number from the distributable list. The really cool stuff that you have would be worth the wait for a hardcore kaiju model collector.

How long does it take to get from Bartlett to the hotel?

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#6 Post by raydrz »

it would be downers grove to the hotel...same difference...under an hour...

the issue is still the relatively unlimited time i'd need after 7 PM friday...exactly when they all are trying to herd people OUT THE DOOR...
JOHN PETIK

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#7 Post by tay666 »

Now John.
It really would be a shame if you suddenly became ill on that day, and had to call off work. 8)
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

#8 Post by timetraveler »

The Friday sale is nice but I know I'll be hitting the dealers room hard on Saturday morning. That room is just packed on Saturday...however. There aren't many vendors selling models as compared to all the Kaiju toys, magazines, plushes, slippers, keychains, posters and videos. If people knew you were going to be there, your model stuff would sell. If I knew you weren't going to be there, I'd probably come home with a pair of $120 Baragon earmuffs or something. What the heck, bring your models for the contest and have fun. Oh, and one more thing. Don't get sick on Friday. At this point, just too obvious.

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#9 Post by raydrz »

tay666 wrote:Now John.
It really would be a shame if you suddenly became ill on that day, and had to call off work. 8)
if it wasn't the boss, i could take the days off...since it's the boss, i better clean out my desk if i don't show...
JOHN PETIK

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

#10 Post by timetraveler »

Start jammin' on the geetar and the solution will come to you 8)

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

#11 Post by timetraveler »

Partial guest list is posted. The suit designer for Godzilla 2000 will be there as well as the Godzilla suit performer for many of the Millenium series films. :D

plyometrics
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#12 Post by plyometrics »

Hey John,

You are just gonna have to show up Saturday!

Robert T.
Diorama of miracles, the eternal work in progress! http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... 20diorama/

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#13 Post by raydrz »

the only thing i'm sure of is i won't be a vendor this year...last time that happened was when the hotel was under construction and they had that huge dealer room in the pit set-up...

the other thing i'm sure of is i'm requesting time off THE DAY the dates for G-fest2014 are announced! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
JOHN PETIK

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

#14 Post by timetraveler »

Glad you'll be there Saturday. Will you be bringing contest entries? :D

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#15 Post by raydrz »

still on the fence...that would pretty much entail the sat/sun bell-to-bell that i'm not sure i wanna/can commit to right now...
JOHN PETIK

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

#16 Post by timetraveler »

If not G-Fest, will you be entering at Wonderfest :?:

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#17 Post by raydrz »

timetraveler wrote:If not G-Fest, will you be entering at Wonderfest :?:
plenty...it's just tuffer to bring large pieces to WF...one or two...three MAX...

gotta leave room for purchases...several years ago i missed out on several MONSTER bargains at moebius and kitkong cuz i had no room left in the car ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
JOHN PETIK