What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

The Passing of a Clubhouse member and dear friend.

A place to remember members who have passed.

Moderator: Moderators

Stormheart
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Re: The Passing of a Clubhouse member and dear friend.

#61 Post by Stormheart »

Really sad news! I didn't know him well. We only talked a few times at WF. Seemed to be a great guy that was very talented in a lot of areas.
"So cry 'Crivens' and let loose the clan Mac Feegle!" - Tiffany Aching

highwayman57
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#62 Post by highwayman57 »

Totally shocked to read this-- I met Jim at Chiller many years ago, and originally knew him from the old Gremlins email list. Rest in peace, Jim, you will be missed!
David
----------------

"No matter where you go... there you are!"
Buckaroo Banzai

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' "

Duke Fleed
Master of Masking

#63 Post by Duke Fleed »

You miss a lot Jim.
"Que Deus te guarde, amigo"
Daniel Moreira

TomOtattoos
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#64 Post by TomOtattoos »

Rest in peace brother.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin glue

ManthingVT
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#65 Post by ManthingVT »

Just saw this. Very sad. While not close friends, I've known Jim for so long and really liked him. He'll always be a part of my memories of the old Chiller days.

I'll miss ya Jim...

Glusniffer
Knight of the Round Bench

#66 Post by Glusniffer »

Fuzzy or anyone else.......Doing my rounds in the MM and Jim's kits link's went sour. Can anyone who has shots of his worx please be willing to help keep his submission's up? We don't want to loose his contributions to the CH "Lost" by no means..... :cry:
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......

spock
Site Admin
Bishop of Build Ups

#67 Post by spock »

So far I have saved the following to the CH server:
Betty in Blue
Amanda
Invisible Woman
Vampirella
Sharon Carter
Black Queen
Diana
White Queen
Harley Quinn
Touch of Evil
Tie Fighter
Elvira
Son of Frankenstein
Lady Z
Stormgirl
The Girl
Marilyn
Buford & Bo

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED http://thecreaturelab.com/Gallery1.html

also, there was an imageshack file, that I can no longer locate with additional buildups.
The Clubhouse Model Gallery
When I was a kid I wanted to be older...this is NOT what I had in mind!

Glusniffer

#68 Post by Glusniffer »

Cool. Didn't remember he had a website. Thanx Harry. :beer:

comtrag

#69 Post by comtrag »

Hi there,
My name is Marilyn, and I am Jim Deming's (kitboy33/The Creature Lab) wife. Maybe some of you have met me in person at Chiller, Resintopia, or Wonderfest; or, you simply know me as 'the wife'... I know that Jim has gathered many friends in the model making industry, and the hobby itself... and especially on The Clubhouse. I know that he was on the site quite often (I believe he made over 1200 posts over the years), so I imagine that he met alot of great people along the way.
Although I may not be able to paint model kits myself, having been married to Jim for 18 years, I absolutely learned alot about the hobby, and I will always cherish it. I have grown into this hobby alongside with him. He was truly a talented guy, and one with boundless creativity and vision for the craft; and he enjoyed every minute of it immensely. And because of his devotion to the hobby, I will continue to follow it as well. He showed me the true art that can be created in the model building/making/creating industry.
One final statement...
I want to thank everyone who offered their condolences and support after Jim passed away in August. I see why he frequented The Clubhouse; and I enjoyed his conversations with me about how he loved the hobby so much, and how the people who are involved in it, are great people. I can say that I agree with all of his statements.
If any of you want to reach out to me personally, my email is comtrag@cox.net.
Thank you all, once again, for your kind words about Jim. I miss him every moment of the day, and your sympathies have helped me in this difficult time.
Marilyn
comtrag@cox.net

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#70 Post by raydrz »

thanxxx for checking in marilyn...mega internet hugs :scatter:

so sorry for your (our) loss :cry:
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

Glusniffer

#71 Post by Glusniffer »

comtrag wrote:Hi there,
My name is Marilyn, and I am Jim Deming's (kitboy33/The Creature Lab) wife. Maybe some of you have met me in person at Chiller, Resintopia, or Wonderfest; or, you simply know me as 'the wife'... I know that Jim has gathered many friends in the model making industry, and the hobby itself... and especially on The Clubhouse. I know that he was on the site quite often (I believe he made over 1200 posts over the years), so I imagine that he met alot of great people along the way.
Although I may not be able to paint model kits myself, having been married to Jim for 18 years, I absolutely learned alot about the hobby, and I will always cherish it. I have grown into this hobby alongside with him. He was truly a talented guy, and one with boundless creativity and vision for the craft; and he enjoyed every minute of it immensely. And because of his devotion to the hobby, I will continue to follow it as well. He showed me the true art that can be created in the model building/making/creating industry.
One final statement...
I want to thank everyone who offered their condolences and support after Jim passed away in August. I see why he frequented The Clubhouse; and I enjoyed his conversations with me about how he loved the hobby so much, and how the people who are involved in it, are great people. I can say that I agree with all of his statements.
Thank you all, once again, for your kind words about Jim. I miss him every moment of the day, and your sympathies have helped me in this difficult time.
Marilyn
comtrag@cox.net
Jim was a lucky man to have such a devoted woman. I'm sure that he must have cherished you! He was indeed a good friend and an inspiration to this hobby! And you were a lucky lady to have been "His". 8)

SPRAYRAY
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#72 Post by SPRAYRAY »

Man another great loss to our community , My prayers goes out to Jim's Family and to his Dear wife My Sympathy i'm so sorry to just see this now at this late a time . I usually don't visit here as often as I used to due to working a lot of hours, doing painting commissions that i'm working on and being active on Facebook in the Statue forums so never enough time to do it all but when I visit I make sure to read the important stuff and make my posts known .And not to forget to check the swap and sell and new kits section . But most importantly to remember who we have lost and how they meant to us . I Talked to Jim a few times and purchased one of his kits which I will always Treasure . Again My Deepest Sympathies .

Robert.
Looking for Batman A Dark Knight by Saint Production

Revenge is a dish best served cold(Klingon proverb)

Robert Velazquez

centaur1
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

Jim Deming- (Kitboy) Rest in Peace

#73 Post by centaur1 »

I just learned if Jim's passing in the new AFM, as I haven't been keeping up on the hobby as much lately, but this news got to me

Sorry if there was another thread for Jim but I couldn't find one.

Jim was one if the first guys I became friends with when I started getting involved in this hobby way back in 2000/2001. Jim was a very kind, friendly and personable person, as all who met him can attest to.

Rest in Peace, Jim.

Patsox
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

Re: Jim Deming- (Kitboy) Rest in Peace

#74 Post by Patsox »

This is really sad news. I hadn't heard, had he been sick? I didn't know him all that we'll besides a few interactions on the board and I bought a Harley kit from him last year. All of my interactions were pleasant ones, he seemed like a true class act and he will be missed.

Rest in peace Jim.
-Scott

"Indecision may or may not be my problem."

centaur1
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#75 Post by centaur1 »

spock wrote:So far I have saved the following to the CH server:
Betty in Blue
Amanda
Invisible Woman
Vampirella
Sharon Carter
Black Queen
Diana
White Queen
Harley Quinn
Touch of Evil
Tie Fighter
Elvira
Son of Frankenstein
Lady Z
Stormgirl
The Girl
Marilyn
Buford & Bo

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED http://thecreaturelab.com/Gallery1.html

also, there was an imageshack file, that I can no longer locate with additional buildups.
I think I remember correctly in that one of Jim's first company, Fantasy Creations, released a large werewolf standing over a fallen girl. Out in the water, as I recall. Full Moon, or Blind Date? Jim *may* have also released a scarecrow bust that a talented sculptor (from France?) sculpted for him....................Maybe someone can clarify that.

Very sad reading through this thread..... Very moving and sorrowful news.

ShaneM
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#76 Post by ShaneM »

The scaresrow bust was called "Holic".
Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.

If you want to see what i do for fun take a click, It may be disturbing.
http://vimeo.com/32512596

badkarmaproductions@gmail.com

lugnut
Clubhouse Alumni

#77 Post by lugnut »

comtrag wrote:Hi there,
One final statement...
Marilyn
comtrag@cox.net
Thank you, Marilyn. Very kind of you to post this.
-Bill Mayo