What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

John Petik RIP

A place to remember members who have passed.

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: John Petik RIP

#61 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Mark M wrote: . . . John was genuinely one of the most thoughtful, caring and freindly guys I have ever had the pleasure to have known in this community of ours.... I remember trying to convince him to be a moderator for us all those years ago and how his biggest concern was that he felt he wouldn't be able to offer anything useful or be of any assistance to anyone. He told me

"" Im just a regular guy and my modeling skills are nothing compared to everyone else here, how am I gonna' be able to assist anyone? Everybody here is so talented and awesome... I can't offer them anything ""

Well John... I'd venture to say you were definitely wrong about that, your presence, hobby knowledge and cheerful "do anything to help" attitude is going to be missed. Goodbye my friend, I'll always hold you in my thoughts.
tay666 wrote: . . . Here at the Clubhouse though, he leaves a huge hole.
Especially for me. We had so much in common. His absence is really going to be felt in the Stomping Grounds and Jukebox. He was very active in both, which don't see a lot of traffic.
But he will be missed elsewhere too. He was always helpful and informative. Tried to get along with everyone. Ignored most of the bullcrap that comes with being a moderator here and just did the job. That quote from Mark is classic John. Very humble and unassuming.
Things will not be the same without him.
I am so lucky to have met John, and will miss him terribly now that he is gone.
spock wrote:We all lost a brother in his passing. There's now a spot in the Clubhouse that can never be filled.
                • Amen.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Pun13
Clubhouse Alumni
Prince of Plastic

#62 Post by Pun13 »

spock wrote:We all lost a brother in his passing. There's now an empty chair in the Clubhouse that can never be filled.
Amen to that brother.

Tom
Email
Pun13@yahoo.com

Brothers in Resin: Bringing you what YOU WANT!!!!

doane100
Master of Masking

#63 Post by doane100 »

Shocked to read this!...RIP John you will be missed?

TeddyNovak
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#64 Post by TeddyNovak »

I was just talking to him via FB the day before he died. Very sad. When I came here he is the mod that helped me through the process to become eligible to sell here and was a tremendous help in finding kits I was looking for.

He will be missed for sure.

"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days" - Ray Wylie Hubbard

RCreations
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#65 Post by RCreations »

I was shocked and saddened to read about it on Facebook. While I didn't know John in person, I did speak to him online about model kits, plus he was such a crucial part of the Clubhouse... very sad. :( My condolences to his family.

Batmaniak
Site Admin
Duke of Dry Brush

#66 Post by Batmaniak »

Added obituary and memorial information at top for those in the area.

Jon LeGrand
Bishop of Build Ups

#67 Post by Jon LeGrand »

Batmaniak wrote:Added obituary and memorial information at top for those in the area.
Thank you SO much for this!
ALL YOUR KAIJU MODEL KITS ARE BELONG TO US!!
Thanks, Jon LeGrand

temperflash
Bishop of Build Ups

#68 Post by temperflash »

I'm shocked.
He was a very helpful person, and only recently paid me a great complement.

Believe016
Brush Jockey

#69 Post by Believe016 »

This just sucks. He was a huge presence here, and in our community. Rest in Peace John - condolences to his family and loved ones.

1DANIEL
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#70 Post by 1DANIEL »

RIP... :(
Daniel

..ZZz.. ..zz..z.. Z..zz.. .....z..

Batmaniak
Site Admin
Duke of Dry Brush

#71 Post by Batmaniak »

Well, tomorrow is John's service. Many, if not most of us will not be able to attend. Please feel free to share stories, anecdotes or thoughts here.

John and I always had an interesting relationship. When it came to the hobby and the CH, we were 100% on board; when it came to other "worldly" issues, we didn't always see eye to eye. Regardless, we spoke in email, posted on each other facebook page and otherwise took the piss out of each other. I posted bass player jokes on his page, he teased me about my guitar abilities, we both loved kittens and in general, acted like family members that loved each other. I relied on him to fulfill my absence here and I loved and respected the man. Steven had a great line that I cannot replicate with any justification, but it riffed on how John just waved to the audience, exited stage left and walked off into the after party... He was a bass player for those that didn't know, and that thought really hit me... No band can really get by without the bass player. They root the groove, the provide the bottom end, and nothing sounds right unless they are in tight with the band. That was John; providing the groove and driving the rhythm section of the Clubhouse. You don't know how much its needed until its gone. I'll miss you Raydrz; I hope you got a massive greeting from your past kitties, your brother and dad on that rainbow bridge. Godspeed.

Newedenite
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#72 Post by Newedenite »

I don't know what to say but that he was a fantastic guy and will truly be missed. Rest in piece John. My condolences to his family.

Ozzy

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#73 Post by Todd P. »

I wish I could adequately eulogize John, given that our mutual interest in our hobby goes back at least 11 years. Like so many of my hobby friends, I didn't really know him beyond what we shared at the Clubhouse and, more recently, Facebook. What I'll miss about him in both places are his energy, creativity and enthusiasm. His profile indicates he wrapped up his time with us at 24,110 posts. I'd guess that means he was 10 times more actively participating here than I. Facebook was much the same.

Most of what I read from him over the years was positive and, even when not, he wrote it with flair. In our digital-distance world, I found the guy fun to have around. Is it possible to mourn someone you've never actually met in person? Yep, I mourn the loss of John, just as I mourn the loss of Mark McGowan, Ray Heikes and Hilber Graf.

Clubhouse participation will be noticably down without him.

George Clark
Clubhouse Alumni
Master of Masking

#74 Post by George Clark »

Just saw this - shocked and saddened. Nothing but positive, enjoyable exchanges with John. Like many others, I didn't know him personally, but shared the kinship that is inherent with this hobby.

Rest Peacefully John.

spock
Site Admin
Bishop of Build Ups

#75 Post by spock »

Seems appropriate considering the man and the season.
The Clubhouse Model Gallery
When I was a kid I wanted to be older...this is NOT what I had in mind!

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#76 Post by Tim Fortuna »

When Quarantine Studios was putting out their Nazi Zombie line John picked up them up for me at the pre-release wonderfest. Trips like that are always tight for space and I am sure even tighter for time, but for 3 years in a row he did it for me anyways.
So this and the few PMs we shared, not to mention his many and entertaining posts will be missed immensely.
I can only imagine how devastating it must have been for his family but passing on napping
after thanksgiving dinner seems like a pretty good way to go.
I'm going to miss you Raydrz.
:cry:
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten

#77 Post by XOFACTO2 »

I have a nice story about John. This was a number of years ago. There was a thread about “Them” kits. I casually (and I do mean casually) mentioned in the thread I always wanted the one in the photo below. Can’t remember who made it. John just went ahead and sent me one. Completely unexpected. He had gotten it off of Ebay and said he would never get to it.

Point being, that was the kind of sweet generous guy he was.

Miss you, John.

John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

What am I selling? Join me on Facebook for my kit of the day..

https://www.facebook.com/john.tucky

or at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/figurek ... =bookmarks

monsterjones
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#78 Post by monsterjones »

XOFACTO2 wrote:I have a nice story about John. This was a number of years ago. There was a thread about “Them” kits. I casually (and I do mean casually) mentioned in the thread I always wanted the one in the photo below. Can’t remember who made it. John just went ahead and sent me one. Completely unexpected. He had gotten it off of Ebay and said he would never get to it.

Point being, that was the kind of sweet generous guy he was.

Miss you, John.

THEM! kit is awesome....great story...that is how I remember John!
To change one's life:
Start immediately, Do it flamboyantly, No exceptions.

Glusniffer

#79 Post by Glusniffer »

Aw hell no! Man what a shocker.............. :( This hurts. Proud to call the man my good friend and fellow Marvelite. He WILL be missed!
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......

starmanmm
Duke of Dry Brush

#80 Post by starmanmm »

We had some good conversation about Godzilla and Tremors kits in the past. He did me a favor one time and in return, I had sent him some Portuguese sweet bread for his help. He never had it before and he loved it. Never met him in person, but our conversations through the CH was always great. I will miss that. When I go to the CH, I will always think about him. He was always a source of support. God Bless.
Honoring those who improve the species...by
accidentally removing themselves from it! Darwin Awards