What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

R.I.P. Mr. Tom Parker

A place to remember members who have passed.

Moderator: Moderators

WOLFMAN66
Resin Slayer

Re: R.I.P. Mr. Tom Parker

#41 Post by WOLFMAN66 »

I can only echo what everyone else has said about Tom 8) .But with his passing it it left a big whole in the model community and specially the styrene guys who loved his replacements parts :( !
Travelers to unknown regions would be well-advised to take along the family dog. He could just save you from entering the wrong gate.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Kaijumodelkit/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MonarchModelGroup/

dupacucc
GK Godfather
Jack of all Trades

#42 Post by dupacucc »

I'm shocked. Tom and I have worked together many times over the years - his enthusiasm and love for this hobby was and is infectious. This is a huge loss for us. Flights of Angels Tom...

Mark McGovern
Finger Painter

#43 Post by Mark McGovern »

Dave,

I just checked and had no problems with the link. Maybe there was a burp in the system? Thanks for sharing the condolences link, that works fine.
Mark McG.
I build therefore I am.

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#44 Post by Todd P. »

It was my honest privilege to make a Dracula replacement head mold for Tom earlier this year, and we had discussed another molding project coming up in the weeks ahead. Jeff Yagher was scheduled to sculpt the piece, then it would come to me for silicone, then to Tom for casting and sales.

Thanks to the blessing of Tom's brother and the generosity of Jeff, this project will be completed, possibly in time for Halloween. I'll mold it and sell the castings. A portion of proceeds will go to benefit Tom's favorite charities, along with at least one substantial donation to pay back what Tom put into this already.

Watch for details when it all comes together. I can't actually say I'm excited about this because of the circumstances that led to it, but I'm grateful.

Tom, man ... I had dozens of discussions with him over the years, mostly online but also a handful of phone calls. Tom was my first go-to for plastic kits or related materials. I dealt with him as a customer or trade partner quite often. He made me smile, he made me feel like I'd gotten, at worst, a fair deal and usually a great one, he taught me.

spock
Site Admin
Bishop of Build Ups

#45 Post by spock »

That's great news, Todd and kudos to you for doing it.
The Clubhouse Model Gallery
When I was a kid I wanted to be older...this is NOT what I had in mind!

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#46 Post by tay666 »

:like
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

qtan
Jack of all Trades

#47 Post by qtan »

Life has kept me away from here for some time now, so I only just found this announcement. I'm stunned, and numb from the news. I met Tom 15 years ago at my first Wonderfest. The energy and enthusiasm left a palpable aura around him. Even though that meeting lasted only a couple minutes, it has remained with me to this day.

Tom, you will be missed greatly.

beaveren
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#48 Post by beaveren »

Todd P. wrote:It was my honest privilege to make a Dracula replacement head mold for Tom earlier this year, and we had discussed another molding project coming up in the weeks ahead. Jeff Yagher was scheduled to sculpt the piece, then it would come to me for silicone, then to Tom for casting and sales.

Thanks to the blessing of Tom's brother and the generosity of Jeff, this project will be completed, possibly in time for Halloween. I'll mold it and sell the castings. A portion of proceeds will go to benefit Tom's favorite charities, along with at least one substantial donation to pay back what Tom put into this already.

Watch for details when it all comes together. I can't actually say I'm excited about this because of the circumstances that led to it, but I'm grateful.

Tom, man ... I had dozens of discussions with him over the years, mostly online but also a handful of phone calls. Tom was my first go-to for plastic kits or related materials. I dealt with him as a customer or trade partner quite often. He made me smile, he made me feel like I'd gotten, at worst, a fair deal and usually a great one, he taught me.
* Looking for Warlock bust from New Mutants (producer unknown)
https://www.facebook.com/PathosModelCreations/

Mark McGovern
Finger Painter

#49 Post by Mark McGovern »

Todd,

Please count me in, both as a monster modeler and someone who would like to help honor Tom.
Mark McG.
I build therefore I am.

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#50 Post by Todd P. »

One year since Tom's untimely death. I'm marking the date by molding a Tom Parker replacement head for Dr. Deadly. Missing a few old hobby friends.

ignatz
Site Admin
Knight of the Round Bench

#51 Post by ignatz »

That's awesome, Todd. Can't believe it's already a year.
Steven

CALM DOWN. It's only a hobby.

Oh, and MODEL ON!

Mark McGovern
Finger Painter

#52 Post by Mark McGovern »

I have several projects that involve Cult of Personality items and every time I work on (or merely plan) one, I remember Tom fondly. He will be represented on model display shelves and contest tables for years to come. And sadly missed as for as long.
Mark McG.
I build therefore I am.

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#53 Post by Todd P. »

Six years since Tom's passing. Quite some time back Joe Simon sculpted a Tom Parker replacement head to fit Dr. Deadly, and I have held off on offering it because I couldn't get an acceptable pair of glasses. But I've decided it's time to put it out there for people who want one. Waiting for new nameplates from Tim Fortuna, then I'll see who wants them and try to have them in the hands of Tom's friends by October.

Photos will follow soon.

I hope Tom would approve.

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#54 Post by tay666 »

Todd P. wrote: August 28th, 2023, 3:42 pm Six years since Tom's passing. Quite some time back Joe Simon sculpted a Tom Parker replacement head to fit Dr. Deadly, and I have held off on offering it because I couldn't get an acceptable pair of glasses. But I've decided it's time to put it out there for people who want one. Waiting for new nameplates from Tim Fortuna, then I'll see who wants them and try to have them in the hands of Tom's friends by October.

Photos will follow soon.

I hope Tom would approve.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Stormheart
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#55 Post by Stormheart »

Sad to hear it!
"So cry 'Crivens' and let loose the clan Mac Feegle!" - Tiffany Aching

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#56 Post by Todd P. »

Here it is, at long last. Available by clicking HERE.

Mark McGovern
Finger Painter

#57 Post by Mark McGovern »

KEWL!!
Mark McG.
I build therefore I am.