What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

The Incredibles 2 - WTF!!!

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

The Incredibles 2 - WTF!!!

#1 Post by kevtk135 »

Having a kid later in life, I (we) have been to more than our share of the newer cartoon movies. Actually, for the most part they are every bit as good as the live action films. Until The Incredibles 2.

It was really HHH Sunday in NYC - Solo is gone, so we went to see the Incredibles 2.

UGH what #$#$#$#. Disney basically is keeping the "pussification" of the US going where women are everything - the heroes, the villains and everything else important, while the men are reduced to useless, imbeciles or just generally have no consequence.

Even Mr. Incredible who has to stay at home b/c Elasti-Girl got the superhero gig, cant hep the son with homework, can't help the daughter with her problems, can't take care of the baby. He even resorts to giving the baby to Edna (a woman) to help him. Frozone (you know these characters?) ;) might as well not even be in the movie - and two other men are clueless, and/or bumbling idiots.
Video screens are a big part of the story and they edited in snippets keeping the screen thing going. So at a change of scene you see a snippet on a screen when Elasti-Girl says (in an interview) something like "Don't expect me to wait for a man..." and another where it was just an odd cooking show where the voice says "So easy even a man could do it." WTF

Ugh! Despite Star Wars franchise (my favorite) being under the Disney umbrella, I think I'm done with giving Disney any more of my $$ until they try to be fair. There are little boys in the audience whose parents paid the same for a ticket as little girls did.
Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com

resin addict
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: The Incredibles 2 - WTF!!!

#2 Post by resin addict »

You seem to think the "Helpless male as a parent" plot line is something new...my recollection is that every sitcom I grew up watching in the 60's and 70's had their own version of this same story...
"Wife has to leave for whatever reason, big strong husband says "Don't worry about it, I can take care of things", and immediately hilarity ensues because they can't control the kids, or prepare the food, or operate the washing machine, or whatever...
I don't think this is any new "Politically Correct" plot ro subvert our youth, but instead just a rehash of a joke that's been told over and over for more than 50 years.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Rocketeer
Squire of the Sprue

#3 Post by Rocketeer »

I'm with resin addict on this one: an old schtick revisited. One of the neat things about the movie is that Bob got his act together and got the parenting thing under control.

Crazy Joe
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#4 Post by Crazy Joe »

Saw it Saturday, and totally DUG it - but now that Supers are legal, who knows what direction the story will take - if at all...
crazy joe

"Many miles away----- something rises to the surface...

of a dark........

Scottish.......

lake............"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cjmodels/albums

Avall15
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#5 Post by Avall15 »

Crazy Joe wrote:Saw it Saturday, and totally DUG it - but now that Supers are legal, who knows what direction the story will take - if at all...

The Underminer is still out there!!!!!!!

Neo-uk
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#6 Post by Neo-uk »

PC #$#$#$# is everywhere. Fair enough get the balance right but now the needle is swinging too far the other way.
....the light that shines twice as bright burns half as long.

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

#7 Post by scuzzfink85 »

Pixar movies bore me anymore..
Nostalgia can be a bad thing, especially when you are led by it.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

Blind ignorance can not be solved or stopped for the problem at hand.
R.T 2021

Scott M
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#8 Post by Scott M »

Be sure not to watch any old episodes of "The Honeymooners", "The Dick Van Dyke Show", "The Andy Griffith Show" or "All in The Family". The women were generally always better/smarter/wiser than the men.

That's been my general experience in life, too - come to think of it. Not always - but more often than not. 8)

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#9 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

My Wife is SO smart she lets me kid myself that I am smarter, whilst doing everything way better :)

Joking aside - even without seeing the movie (although I will see it because I enjoyed the first one), I can understand Kev's analysis . . . things have got SO crazy now we're often left drawing conclusions based on the opinions we THINK people are trying to sell.

I'll be glad when things calm down politically and emotionally.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#10 Post by kevtk135 »

Correct HM Spike.
Prolly in the early 80s Bill Cosby had a line in his stand up show, and I forget the details of the comedy bit, that he says he pretends to be dumb so the wife will leave him alone. Thats funny as is some of the other older shows. But it was self denigrating humor, unlike today where ppl feel in order to build someone up, they have to tear another down.

But today, take note, if there's a guy by himself in a commercial, all's fine. Add a woman to the script and suddenly 95% of the time the guy is an idiot, sit coms - the guy is an idiot, and now with movies, the guy is an idiot, a dirty womanizer or made so unimportant that if you left him out of the script, wouldn't matter.
But now getting into kids cartoons was to much.
As Spike said - things need to calm down.
Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com

LOBOREX
Bishop of Build Ups

#11 Post by LOBOREX »

Victimization, xmas is a juggernaut that starts around sept and does not stop until dec 29. But because some people choose to say happy holidays so as not to exclude folks from the festivities its a war on xmas. Because men are scapegoats in some forms of entertainment, its a war on men never mind the fact that just about 99 percent of heroes in films, books, comics, and tv are men. Or that men rule the WORLD. :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:
Helena is here at hand;
And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover's fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be! -Puck

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#12 Post by Buc Wheat »

Saw it last night... Jack Jack pretty much steals the show!

Enjoyed it.

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#13 Post by AntMan »

I also enjoyed the messsss out of it!

I thought it was better than the original.

...And I had no problem with Elastigirl initially taking the "Super-hero" lead in the movie, with
Mr. Fantastic staying home and trying to do his role as a good father.
Keep the glue and paint flowing, take care and stay blessed!
-Tony

"No Try! Do or Do Not! There is no try." Yoda

http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com

RockinResin
Jack of all Trades

#14 Post by RockinResin »

X