What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Avengers Endgame!?

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

Avengers Endgame!?

#1 Post by AntMan »

Soooooooooo, I'm kind of surprised that no one else had already started a thread on Endgame?

I saw it yesterday (on Friday).

I gotta admit that ever since the conclusion of Infinity Wars, I've been on a personal vendetta against all subsequently released Marvel Movies! I skipped Antman and The Wasp, along with Captain Marvel.

However, I had to check out Endgame nevertheless, (despite my reservations). I had created pre-conceived thoughts on what type of lame, campy plot the movie would have, in their attempts to undo the travesties they had created in Infinity Wars. I went into Endgame expecting the worse.

Boy was I wrong.

I LOVED ENDGAME!

In addition to the fighting scenes, I actually liked the resulting plot. I liked how the movie tried to bring closure to the numerous, personal story lines going on for the individual characters.

I also thought that the way the entire movie dealt with the loss of loved ones (in general) was handled very realistically. The fact that no matter how much power a hero or heroine may have, this can't shield them from their (humanity?), their sensitivity in caring for loved ones, or the resulting pain when loved ones are lost.

**** SPOILER ALERT ****
I LOVED when they showed Tony's interaction with his daughter, and couldn't help but think
even though I was seeing acting in a movie, Tony Stark was nevertheless a really good father.

Then, when he had a chance to visit his father in the past, getting a different perspective of him
was really touching.

When Thor chopped off Thanos' head, I was like "WOW!"

I LOVED when Capt. picked up Thor's hammers, and started wielding them.

I LIKED the Banner-Hulk Morph

I thought it showed a totally dark, menacing version of Hawkeye, along with showing how a hero can become a vigilante under certain circumstances.

Those scenes with the Black Widow and Tony Stark dying was really, truly sad ones.

All-in-all Endgame was one of the BEST Marvel Movies which have been released!
Keep the glue and paint flowing, take care and stay blessed!
-Tony

"No Try! Do or Do Not! There is no try." Yoda

http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: Avengers Endgame!?

#2 Post by Buc Wheat »

<staying away until it comes out in dvd form>

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#3 Post by AntMan »

Buc Wheat wrote:<staying away until it comes out in dvd form>
Awww Buc,

Bite the bullet and check it out in the movie theaters. (You'll be glad you did). :popcorn:
Keep the glue and paint flowing, take care and stay blessed!
-Tony

"No Try! Do or Do Not! There is no try." Yoda

http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#4 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

I thought it was . . . OK. Rest of the Fam loved it.

Very intense & emotional in places, and not emotional (for me) in some places they wanted it to be.

They did do as good a job as they could to bring everything together.

There were some faces I didn't expect to see (and enjoyed seeing) and there were some VERY clever twists & turns that I was NOT expecting.

The only thing that "took the edge off" for me was the confusion over some of the historical timelines :arrow: despite claims by Bruce, the bald lass was 100% correct about fragmentation. Fragmentation MUST have happened because of that final act (along with some of the earlier events). There are now multiple timelines, each with their own realities.

Regardless, it's one of those movies I will watch several times for sure.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Zeiram
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#5 Post by Zeiram »

It was essentially 3 hours of fan service, which I think is a fine way to cap off the MCU to date. Definitely in my top 10, but not my favorite MCU film and not as strong as Infinity War IMO. If you think about it, the power stone timeline is the most problematic and paradoxical. For the most part, they tried to "Bill and Ted" everything, but that strand breaks things pretty badly. The movie was oddly intimate, but the third act has some pretty awesome spectacle that plays well on a big screen. I LOVED Giant Man emerging from the rubble behind the army. I kind of wished I saw that in IMAX, because the moment was really epic and captured the scale and wonder of the comics in an Avengers Forever or Secret Wars kind of way. I dearly want to see the Asgardians of the Galaxy.

- larry
The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything.

ShaneM
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#6 Post by ShaneM »

First thought I had afterwards was that it could have gone to one of those alternate heroes reborn timelines.
Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.

If you want to see what i do for fun take a click, It may be disturbing.
http://vimeo.com/32512596

badkarmaproductions@gmail.com

Zeiram
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#7 Post by Zeiram »

ShaneM wrote:First thought I had afterwards was that it could have gone to one of those alternate heroes reborn timelines.
If you saw the new Spiderman trailer, it sure seems like they're going that way. How long before we see Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider Ham? :lol:
The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything.

Crazy Joe
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#8 Post by Crazy Joe »

Not being a big comic-book guy, I did see most of the MarvelVerse movies - Totally dug the Avengers flicks, although I thought Age of Ultron was a big comic book on acid. Someone said this flick was a bunch of fan service and I agree bigtime.

BUT -

Noone's REALLY dead in these things, are they? It does look like Downey Jr. and Evans have played Iron Man and Cap for the last time-

For me, "Metrosexual Hulk" and "The Mighty Lebowski" were my faves!!! Totally dug where these characters were...
crazy joe

"Many miles away----- something rises to the surface...

of a dark........

Scottish.......

lake............"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cjmodels/albums

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#9 Post by Todd P. »

Saw it yesterday. I guess I can include spoilers at this point, but anyone who's still avoiding them should consider himself warned.

Professor Hulk was lots of fun, Big Lebowski Thor slightly less so. Iron Man and Captain America got terrific sendoffs, Black Widow managed to get through a movie with barely a hint of romance with any of the guys and somehow all the effort put into her demise didn't add up to much for me. Isn't there a Black Widow film in the works? Ant Man/Giant Man had some good moments as did a few others, but an awful lot of characters were just there to wave at the audience. The directors did their best to get me interested in Captain Marvel but failed.

Nebula was the character I found most dimensional, noble and all-around interesting.

The movie was decent overall; I'll watch it again if only to see all that I missed the first time while so much was going on. I liked it fine, but it created all kinds of time-travel head-scratchers. Thor stole his hammer from his younger self? Loki is probably alive somewhere in a way that created a duplicate of an Infinity Stone? How is it that Peter Parker's friends are still in high school after five years?

DNA
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#10 Post by DNA »

Todd P. wrote:Saw it yesterday. I guess I can include spoilers at this point, but anyone who's still avoiding them should consider himself warned.

Isn't there a Black Widow film in the works?

How is it that Peter Parker's friends are still in high school after five years?
I believe the Black Widow movie is a prequel

The only way to explain Peter's friends in high school would be that the core friends were also snapped and came back.

spock
Site Admin
Bishop of Build Ups

#11 Post by spock »

How is it that Peter Parker's friends are still in high school after five years?
If you were paying attention, you would see that they are in the NYC Public School System, High School usually consists of at least 7 years. 'Nuf Said ! :lol:
The Clubhouse Model Gallery
When I was a kid I wanted to be older...this is NOT what I had in mind!

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#12 Post by Todd P. »

spock wrote:
If you were paying attention, you would see that they are in the NYC Public School System, High School usually consists of at least 7 years. 'Nuf Said ! :lol:

That makes sense!

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#13 Post by Buc Wheat »

Saw it last night. Enjoyed it!!

Ian's right... what the Master said. There would have been a timeline
branching off on that end bit!

Didn't think of the Spidey kids still being there... gave me a chuckle when
reading that!

Also slightly disappointed w/ the Widow death... thought you needed to give
up something you love to get the stone? Would have been better if Hulk/Banner
was w/ her. (in fact, thought many of the team up pairing decisions were faulty)

Overall, a nice ending to the 10 yr journey. Well done to the MCU gang!