What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Universal Monster Board Game

Post and discuss "Off Topic" things here...

Moderator: Moderators

dgelon
Seam Filler

Universal Monster Board Game

#1 Post by dgelon »

The board game I art directed (in my day job) is finally out! Its an official Universal Monster board game with miniatures for Drac, Frank and the Bride, the Creature, the Mummy, the Wolfman and the invisible man - all 32mm scale. The game is super fun, co-operative and a bit on the easier family game level for strategy. I'll be painting the minis and posting in the clubhouse. If you wanted to get one, its a Target exclusive for right now.

-Daniel

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: Universal Monster Board Game

#2 Post by Todd P. »

That's neat. Will visit Target.

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#3 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

dgelon wrote:The board game I art directed (in my day job) is finally out! . . .
Congrats on getting it out there - hope it does really well for you!

Ian/Spike.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#4 Post by Scooke123 »

Looks cool!
Steve Cooke

PROFESSOR JARROD
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#5 Post by PROFESSOR JARROD »

Thanks for posting this game Daniel!
I ordered two of them, one to play with the family and the other to keep sealed for my Universal Monster collection.
:like :bgrin:

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#6 Post by Tim Fortuna »

I failed to mention this due to my laziness but back in Aug 2019 I did see this advertised/reviewed at Bloody Disgusting and HorrorPedia.
Very cool and congratulations. I also enjoyed your paint ups of the game pieces.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

hellboy51
Finger Painter

#7 Post by hellboy51 »

The game is very cool. Artwork and design are great. I absolutely painted the minis. The monster cards are works of art in themselves.
From a modeler standpoint, the minis are decently done for the most part. The Bride's face wasn't done well and its the weakest of the bunch detail wise. Frankenstein, Mummy and the Creature have the best detail. Invisible man and Wolfman and Dracula are mid range and Dracula tends to lean forward a little. Still you get minis with the game when they could have just done cardboard cut outs on stands like the other characters. So not really complaining.

The game is fun once you get the hang of it and is heavily designed towards cooperation with other players. Very much you vs the monsters and they can mess you up. Some puzzle solving and strategy skills needed here. Some good nods to the old movies with the villagers like Fritz, Maleeva and others. Got it on Amazon for $35 and well worth the price.

Love the way it plays and love the way it was done. Highly recommend to any Monster fan.
Don't panic. OK, you can panic a little.