What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Decision time...

Please post all Wonderfest-related threads here.

Moderator: Moderators

JJCap1
Bishop of Build Ups

Decision time...

#1 Post by JJCap1 »

Wonderfest hotel reservations required a one night payment which is non-refundable if the reservation is cancelled after May 5th. That deadline is quickly approaching and a decision must be made about attending. We all hoped that, by now, things would have improved to the point that it would be safe. While some may feel we have reached that point, the CDC still recommends not attending large indoor events even when wearing a mask. Maybe something will develop before May 5th, but in good conscience, at this moment, I don’t feel I can attend. Very disappointed.

motherhen
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

Re: Decision time...

#2 Post by motherhen »

JJCap1 wrote:....at this moment, I don’t feel I can attend. Very disappointed.
Yup, and very bummed here too.
It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death.

I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

ShaneM
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#3 Post by ShaneM »

I myself can't afford it this year.

I have been trying to figure out ways to make it down there and nothing is working out for that to happen.

I will be fully vaccinated but can't find anyone to carpool with to split the costs.
Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.

If you want to see what i do for fun take a click, It may be disturbing.
http://vimeo.com/32512596

badkarmaproductions@gmail.com

DoctorG
Bishop of Build Ups

#4 Post by DoctorG »

Several states are opening up, but still cautioning that folks wear masks, even if vaccinated. It sure would've been better if the show were moved to the fall, but I think the current hotel situation has the show locked in unless the state or locality makes a change between now and then.
Dr. G.

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#5 Post by Scooke123 »

I've still got my reservation in place and plan on attending. Will just adapt to whatever they have in place there for the weekend.
Steve Cooke

JJCap1
Bishop of Build Ups

#6 Post by JJCap1 »

Just for the record, I didn't cancel and hoped for the best. Good decision! Great to see everyone and experience the 'fest. There were a lot of regulars and friends missing which left a definite void. Understandable. Looking forward to next year!

DoctorG
Bishop of Build Ups

#7 Post by DoctorG »

JJCap1 wrote:Just for the record, I didn't cancel and hoped for the best. Good decision! Great to see everyone and experience the 'fest. There were a lot of regulars and friends missing which left a definite void. Understandable. Looking forward to next year!
Glad you decided to make it Jim! I was pleasantly surprised when I bumped into you outside of the dealers' room on Friday...
Dr. G.