What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Vermithrax and Raptor

Show off your in-progress builds! This is the place to post questions about building and painting your model kits and to share your latest techniques.

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Squidy53
Jack of all Trades

Vermithrax and Raptor

#1 Post by Squidy53 »

Hi all,
These two have been sitting in my pile of shame for some years.

I got the Horizon JP Raptor cheap. The catch is there's no bottom jaw, hence the in-progress sculpting job. Because the Horizon Jurassic Park kits were cast from the original sculpts, I'm referencing same to guide my sculpting. The original kit had its mouth open of course but I prefer the mouth closed. Besides it's a lot easier to reproduce :D. That said, dinosaurs, like living animals, probably had their mouths closed most of the time.

The Pegasus Vermithrax has been primed ready for its base coat. This vinyl kit has a good fit though there was still a far bit of seam-filling/disguising needed. A nice kit of what is still the best cinema dragon IMHO.

I'm just a middling model builder and hope my efforts will encourage beginners and other middle-ability makers in their efforts.

barad_dur
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: Vermithrax and Raptor

#2 Post by barad_dur »

Great job sculpting that jaw!

I agree ; vermithrax is still the best dragon !
See my model kit collection on YouTube Model Club TV Episode 86
See my kitbash work-in-progress pics in the Kustomizers section of the clubhouse
Thanks for looking !

Squidy53
Jack of all Trades

Re: Vermithrax and Raptor

#3 Post by Squidy53 »

Thanks for the acknowledgement and encouragement barad_dur. My Vermy won't be as spectacular as yours but let's see if I can make it more interesting than it is currently!

Lots more detail on the jaw on this side and then I flip. Uhg. I will also adjust the position of the arms and hands, legs and body details like added quills etc.
Steve Walsh