What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Working on my workshop.

Show off your in-progress builds! This is the place to post questions about building and painting your model kits and to share your latest techniques.

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: Working on my workshop.

#361 Post by bucketfoot-al »

kevtk135 wrote:Looking very good!! All those Prehistoric Scenes brings me back to being a kid with my own collection (all long gone sadly).

Vlad, I'd be embarrassed to show you my hobby area with the boxes for fear the word hoarder would come up. ;)

One solution I'm thinking about is creating a "museum" similar to the guy that runs Fantastic Plastic. He's often said that early on he was in a little condo in So. Cal., and had room for only a few of his models. There were a few at his work office, but the rest was in storage. What he did was create FANTASTIC-PLASTIC.COM. He took his models - mostly aviation of some kind, space and sci-fi vehicles - created categories, and within the category creating a timeline - 30s, 40s, 50s etc... And all the models would fit in somewhere. On each page he had a paragraph or 2 about the real craft, and then similar for the model with a 1 to 5 rating of how easy it is/was to find one. When the page was complete he would pack it up and off it went to the garage or some other storage place with the rest of the models. Our Museum and Gallery has similar categories so the template is there for your own online museum. Just my 2¢.
Sounds like a winning idea! 8) My web gallery is sort of like that, except that more than half of the model builds pictured I no longer own. :wink:
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#362 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Dude - you're gonna need a bigger boat shelf room building.

Seriously - trying to fit dinosaurs into a house - EVEN in North America - what WERE you thinking! :nuts:

Time to move again? :P

PS: It's looking good Trev . . . well-worth all the hard work & patience.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#363 Post by tay666 »

Thanks everyone for the comments.

I really don't have to worry about the space issue until I actually start getting most of my kits built and painted.
At my current pace it will be years. So I have time to come up with a solution :D
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths