What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Painted Bunting

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Ken Kwil
Jack of all Trades

Painted Bunting

#1 Post by Ken Kwil »

This is the latest bird model I built. It is from the Bachmann "Birds of the World" series. This kit was from the 1960's. All plastic model. Life-size scale 1:1. Original sculpt by Bill Lemmon before he worked for Aurora designing the Monster models. I painted this kit using Testors enamels. Filled in all the seams. Added the silk leaves to give it some realism. Normally these are fast builds. Very simple kits. This kit was missing parts when I got it. I loaned the I needed parts from another modeler and made copies from them. The recast pieces turned out look great. Box art was by A.J. Rudisill.
If you like to see more of this model you can see it in the MODEL GALLERY here....https://theclubhouse1.net/piwigo/pictur ... ategory/56
Last edited by Ken Kwil on February 24th, 2024, 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

Re: Painted Bunting

#2 Post by tay666 »

Nice paint on a cool old kit.
I always love the real-world subjects that the smaller kit companies made.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Aurora 484
Glue Sniffer

Re: Painted Bunting

#3 Post by Aurora 484 »

This is indeed a Painted Bunting - in more ways that one LOL

I've had a few of these Bachman bird kits and they're very well sculpted. A nice change of subject matter from what we're used to.

Thanks for posting. l look forward to seeing more.