What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

A PORTAL OPENED FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION INTO THE CH ... OR - THE TREKKRIFFIC, BARAD_DUR AND BUCKETOOT-AL RACE!!!

Post and discuss "Off Topic" things here...

Moderator: Moderators

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

Re: A PORTAL OPENED FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION INTO THE CH ... OR - THE TREKKRIFFIC, BARAD_DUR AND BUCKETOOT-AL RACE!!!

#21 Post by tay666 »

Squidy53 wrote: January 16th, 2024, 4:41 am
bucketfoot-al wrote: January 16th, 2024, 4:31 am a. Trev said he would open "Forbidden Plastic", and
He hasn't as yet. It is still only available to members.
I actually changed the settings on Sunday.

But as I was checking the stats in the website tools and it looks like there is a very hyperactive bot scraping our website.
I'm working on figuring out what it is, and how to block it.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Squidy53
Jack of all Trades

Re: A PORTAL OPENED FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION INTO THE CH ... OR - THE TREKKRIFFIC, BARAD_DUR AND BUCKETOOT-AL RACE!!!

#22 Post by Squidy53 »

So it is. Funnily I logged off and tried it again when Vlad mentioned it and I thought it blocked me. I must have been mistaken. Anyhow, thanks very much Trevor.

"Hyperactive bot scraping" -- that sounds painful.
Last edited by Squidy53 on January 17th, 2024, 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Walsh

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#23 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Squidy53 wrote: January 17th, 2024, 2:04 am . . . "Hyperactive bot scraping" -- that sounds painful.

Yeah - you should definitely use soap.

Good luck with the attempted blocking Trev.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#24 Post by bucketfoot-al »

Ah Sh*t!! And here I was hoping we were getting "IN" with the popular crowd ... :cussing: :evil2: :vampire: :angry2: ](*,)
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#25 Post by bucketfoot-al »

tay666 wrote: January 17th, 2024, 1:23 am
Squidy53 wrote: January 16th, 2024, 4:41 am
bucketfoot-al wrote: January 16th, 2024, 4:31 am a. Trev said he would open "Forbidden Plastic", and
He hasn't as yet. It is still only available to members.
I actually changed the settings on Sunday.

But as I was checking the stats in the website tools and it looks like there is a very hyperactive bot scraping our website.
I'm working on figuring out what it is, and how to block it.
Did you have any success in 'taming that Bot'? I note today that the 'spedometer' view ticker of the past 10 days seems to be returning back to normal ... :wink:
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett

barad_dur
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#26 Post by barad_dur »

Yeah, I was worried about the bots ….
See my model kit collection on YouTube Model Club TV Episode 86
See my kitbash work-in-progress pics in the Kustomizers section of the clubhouse
Thanks for looking !

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#27 Post by bucketfoot-al »

Well guys ... the insanity was fun while it lasted :roll: ... (wait - whaddaymean its was just me that was 'insane'?!?! :mrgreen2: ) ... but honestly, I had fun and I hope y'all did too ... I can't imagine a finer "Model Club" of gents to share builds and 'shoot the breeze with' ... :hot: ... I do think that posting a link in any FB (or InstaWHATEVER) posts back to the build threads is a good idea and will generate visitors ... just maybe not hundreds of thousands of them, that's all! :alcoholic: :rolf:

Well whaddaya hangin around this thread for - carry on modeling! :vampire:
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#28 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Don't feel bad buddy - none of us knew what the heck was happening - but (as bloody usual) it was the exceptionally analytical brain of Mr. Ylisaari that eventually figured it out.

• PS: Trev - I take it you've already posted me the usual cash bribe? 8-[

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#29 Post by bucketfoot-al »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote: January 17th, 2024, 11:28 pm .

Don't feel bad buddy - none of us knew what the heck was happening - but (as bloody usual) it was the exceptionally analytical brain of Mr. Ylisaari that eventually figured it out.

• PS: Trev - I take it you've already posted me the usual cash bribe? 8-[
:rolf: :lol2: :rollin: :jester: :mrgreen2:
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett

barad_dur
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#30 Post by barad_dur »

Is there anyway to correct and update the view counts to remove the bot views ?
See my model kit collection on YouTube Model Club TV Episode 86
See my kitbash work-in-progress pics in the Kustomizers section of the clubhouse
Thanks for looking !

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#31 Post by bucketfoot-al »

barad_dur wrote: January 18th, 2024, 4:46 am Is there anyway to correct and update the view counts to remove the bot views ?
I doubt it Joe .... and anyway Trekkriffic's thread is up almost 180K views on the "Sharkhunter" thread ... no recount is gonna overcome that lead ... :green_rollin:

*SIGH* ... My Kong thread was creeping up on the #2 position ... now I'll be lucky just to get to 200K views ... :rolf:

[Isn't it funny how us guys can get competitive about just ... ANYTHING? This is one thing gals don't get about us ... I once almost ran out of gas going down the Grapevine towards L.A. just to see the absolute maximum # of miles I could get out of a tank of gas in my '92 Eagle Talon ... I remember going down from that 10,000 foot mountain range in NEUTRAL with my fingers crossed, hoping to 'glide in' to the first gas station once I was back in civilization before I ran out of gas ... :alcoholic: ]
Last edited by bucketfoot-al on January 18th, 2024, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett

overspray
Jack of all Trades

#32 Post by overspray »

Eagle Talon? Man you sure know how to live!

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#33 Post by bucketfoot-al »

overspray wrote: January 18th, 2024, 3:11 pm Eagle Talon? Man you sure know how to live!
Those were fun cars .. drove a 1992 'Banzai Blue' Talon til 1997, then had a 1998 Talon with the crazy huge spoiler ('half-ring of Saturn stuck into the rear' - the last year Mitsubishi produced them for Eagle) from 2008-2015 ....Turbo Charged, also 'Banzai Blue' ... hugged the road like it was on a rail ... and man could it FLY! Remember doing 120MPH in the desert with Tumbleweeds flying by so fast I had to slow down ... I'm sure she could have gotten to 200MPH easy ... but I wasn't suicidal ... :rolf: ... now - we drive a Toyota Sienna hybrid minivan ... and I never want to be in anything smaller ... but it was fun while it lasted ... :xmas:
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett