What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Vincent Bordogna

A place to remember members who have passed.

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Vincent Bordogna

#41 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Thanks for posting those details Rob - very interesting read.

Sorry again for the loss of your close friend.

Ian/Spike.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Tiger2
Squire of the Sprue

#42 Post by Tiger2 »

Hi Rob,

Hope you are keeping safe and well. Many thanks for sharing your working experience with Vin, it's great to get an insight into how your projects evolved!
I was always impressed with everything you sculpted and Vin produced, especially the Hammer subjects. It pains me to say I never actually acquired a kit
for my collection :oops: Like you, I am also based in the UK, and my pockets are often not deep enough to afford the import and shipping charges on top of kit prices.

The Ingrid Pitt tribute, Deadly Intruder and Blood of Dracula are all stand out pieces for me that I would love to build, I must admit I prefer the Hammer themes to the Universal!
A fresh take on Lee vs Cushing in the climactic battle from the original 1958 Dracula would be awesome to see. The Yagher one produced by MIM was superb, but is quite old and hard to find now, plus the angles of the figures didn't quite work and align properly, I can only guess it was a production problem.

Hopefully you can post some images of your mock ups and sketches, that would be awesome to see. With your proven track record for outstanding, creative work,
I hope that another producer might give you the chance to create some more iconic kits.

Take care and happy Easter,
Paul

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#43 Post by Buc Wheat »

Good post, Rob. Enjoyed the time I spent w/ Vinnie. He'd be
all moopy and I'd tell him; "Hey, Eyore! Let's get a beer!" and before
you knew it, he'd be talking about ideas and rattling em off a mile
a minute! :)

Miss him!

rob_03
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#44 Post by rob_03 »

Ian, Paul, Buc Wheat and everyone else that commented and remembered Vin, thank you and I hope that you have remembered the best of Vin, his enthusiasm and his contribution to the hobby.

Paul, I know what you are saying about customs and shipping. Vin would always offer me a gratis kit but I refused the majority of them for just the same reasons!
I honestly don't know how customs is justifiable on this kind of stuff. It contributes nothing to the value of the product and stifles trade. I think it's very difficult to produce stuff in this country because of that and then you factor in trying to rent a workspace, materials and equipment, if you want to do casting!
Anyway, here are a few more ideas, we also thought of doing a tribute to Peter Cushing's Frankenstein, maker of monsters, with representations of each of the Hammer creatures! The creatures would probably have been as busts but I never produced a mock.

I hope that Jeremy will be able to continue producing Resincrypt's models if people still want to make them:-)

We were both fans of Rod Serling, Hitchcock and always Karloff :-)

overspray
Jack of all Trades

#45 Post by overspray »

I never knew him, but I did buy the Tall Man and House on Haunted Hill kits from him; the Tall Man being one of my favorite kits. He died way too young, RIP.

ShaneM
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#46 Post by ShaneM »

It was a pleasure getting to see some of the mockups and Sketches for what you guys made, and were planning to make next.

I had an easy task of simply molding a few and casting his vast catalogue when he had a falling out with Jeremy.

He had always told me to cast whatever I wanted of his kits but some of them were huge and I could not afford to spare the resin required to make them. It was more important to try and keep up with his voracious ordering; all while still working two jobs before that work dried up and went the way of the dodo.

I specifically recall not making the HUGE base for the House on Haunted Hill piece. I had bought the kit when he first debuted it at an old Chiller. One of my mothers favorites, she preferred the small compact base it initially came with.

Same with the Quasimodo and a few Frankenstein pieces. I had made a shop copy but it was more important to get it to him as fast as possible and I never redid them for myself.

He had an incredibly deep catalogue of kits. Took up a large portion of my garage just storing the molds.

He went out of his way one year making sure I had gotten the revised version of the Salma Hayek from Dusk Til Dawn.

The only thing that got him excited was talking about what he was going to do next. Gave us something to talk about when we would go out to dinner at the shows over the many years.
Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.

If you want to see what i do for fun take a click, It may be disturbing.
http://vimeo.com/32512596

badkarmaproductions@gmail.com

Heavy Metal Spike

#47 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

ShaneM wrote: . . . He went out of his way one year making sure I had gotten the revised version of the Salma Hayek from Dusk Til Dawn . . .
Now THAT sounds interesting. Always adored the lady, but had never heard of the film, and had never heard of the kit(s). Off to do some research!

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#48 Post by Buc Wheat »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote: Always adored the lady, but had never heard of the film, and had never heard of the kit(s). Off to do some research!.
Wait??! WHA????!! That's it! Turn in your horror geek card RIGHT NOW!

How the hell did you ever even KNOW the name Salma w/out ever knowing who the f...'
Santanico Pandemonium is??!

in my Mona Lisa Vito voice; "OMFG!!!!!!! dude!!"

Heavy Metal Spike

#49 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Buc Wheat wrote: . . . How the hell did you ever even KNOW the name Salma w/out ever knowing who the f...' Santanico Pandemonium is??! . . .
It's even worse - it was probably "Wild Wild West"! :oops:

Think my fave might be "The Hitman's Bodyguard" though (the lady has got sexier over time).
      • (* sorry for the derail Rob *)

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#50 Post by Buc Wheat »

no no no... get outta our sight!

Robert Conrad is spining in his grave now. Where's the block button!??!