What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Wonderfest 2020 Canceled

Please post all Wonderfest-related threads here.

Moderator: Moderators

DinoMike
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

Wonderfest 2020 Canceled

#1 Post by DinoMike »

The announcement was just made on the Wonderfest Facebook page, 2020 Wonderfest is canceled.

Here's the full text:

Hello everyone. First let me say that I apologize that it has taken a while to get back to you with new information. We have been working to try and figure out how things were going to progress along and of course that has been extremely difficult given this present situation. So I thank you for your patience in this matter.

I will be direct. WonderFest 2020 is cancelled. The uncertainty of these times and the difficulties they have created have made it impossible for us to have a viable show. When I moved the show in hopes that things will improve I simply could not predict that the current situation would be upon us. I tried to make a leap of faith in order to still have a show, but it has not worked out that way.

I wanted to let you all know before any more time went on. For those of you who were still planning on coming, in spite of everything going on around us, I can only say that I am grateful for your loyalty in still wanting to try. And for those of you who said that regretfully you would be unable to come due to the continuing risk, I say to you I understand and I’m still grateful for your loyalty as well.

To our dealers, your tables will be automatically rolled over to our June 5-6, 2021 show. The spots you have chosen will be preserved. You will not need to take any action to make sure this happens.

To those with hotel reservations, I will let you know if they will be automatically canceled again or if you will have to cancel them yourselves. I will do that as soon as the hotel gets word to me on the subject. I hope to have that information very quickly.

I want to let all of you know how much the WonderFest team and I have I’ve appreciated your support over the years and through this difficult time. Till we see you next, continue to pursue your love of the hobby. Stay healthy and safe!

Dave

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Wonderfest 2020 Canceled

#2 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm so VERY sorry for all of you that were hoping to attend.

I'm not surprised (I doubt ANY of us are), but that's little consolation when one of the major events for the community gets cancelled.

It's probably for the best given the prevalence of the "beer bug" . . . but I'm sure the sadness will turn into ever-greater enthusiasm and gratitude by the time we reach June 2021.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

#3 Post by tay666 »

Thanks for posting that, I just hopped over here to do the same.

I am sad, but not surprised.
Also a bit relieved, as I have been struggling with the decision on if I still wanted to attend with everything still being the way it is.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

#4 Post by timetraveler »

I'm definitely sad about this, but I know they are genuinely concerned for our safety. I shall use this time to WORK, WORK, WORK on projects!

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#5 Post by Scooke123 »

Sad but not surprised - I was leery about how safe it would be since things haven't really improved.
No excuses now on not having anything ready for the contest!!
Hope everybody continues to be safe and I look forward to seeing everyone next June!
Steve Cooke