What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

M. Zuppo's Brando

Show off your in-progress builds! This is the place to post questions about building and painting your model kits and to share your latest techniques.

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

M. Zuppo's Brando

#1 Post by kevtk135 »

Hey gang. Still here, just not getting a lot done. :cry: I was glad when this kit came along and I was able to add to my classic Hollywood figures and busts. This is Marlon Brando as seen in On The Waterfront. Looking for any color image of the character, I only came up with the colorized movie stills, and of course he's not wearing the same jacket. So I did my best to assign a color to the different hues of B&W. Here's a pic of Brando from the movie.

The kit is 1:4 scale and Miguel Zuppo once again does a very nice rendition of the character. In my haste to get started, I didn't get an image of the resin model, so here he is with some primer.

I've been watching numerous YouTube videos on how to make skin look more real. I figured I would try them one by one, until I find one that works for me. This one isn't too bad as it consists of spattering the skin with various colors. Applying a little extra Cavalry Brown (which is a dark red) to the eyes and other skin indents, and some dark blue to where a 5 o'clock shadow would be.

After that I mixed some of the skin tone with some Beige Red and misted over the face (leaving the eyes rather dark) until nearly all of the dots were unified with the top color. From there I added more of the basic skin again for the highlights. I then made the Cavalry Brown into a weak wash and added back any skin folds that got covered. In real life Brando has dark brown hair, but I found a still that I liked where they apparently highlighted it. So likewise I added highlights to the hair. In the still he was applying his own "bruise" makeup, so rather than get the chance to ruin a skin I liked I gave him a little bloody mouth.

The base was just a plain brickwork with a concrete cap, and on the back he has an image of a pigeon and a pistol, which both got painted in. With that I was done. Thanks for looking.

Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

Re: M. Zuppo's Brando

#2 Post by tay666 »

:like

Looks good!
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#3 Post by Tim Fortuna »

I look at this and I can hear his voice. Masterfully done Sir.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#4 Post by bucketfoot-al »

:D Beautiful paint up!
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett

Trekkriffic
Jack of all Trades

#5 Post by Trekkriffic »

I’d say you nailed the skin tone. Nice job!

:like

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#6 Post by kevtk135 »

Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind words.
Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com