What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

GKUS Wonderfest Update

Please post all Wonderfest-related threads here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jesse321

GKUS Wonderfest Update

#1 Post by Jesse321 »

This will probably be my last update until after Wonderfest, so let’s see how much ground I can cover.

WONDERFEST:

As everyone knows, we are less than 2 weeks away from Wonderfest 2023, which is our biggest (and this year our only) show each year. If you need information on the show, show times, schedules, class/seminar information, everything is available on their website www.wonderfest.com.

As this is our only show this year, we hope to see everyone there.

PAINTS:

I am working on putting together the last bottles of paint that I have left, which I will bring to the show. This is a mixed bag of colors, with a small handle of Semi-Transparent Fleshtones left over. These are the last of our paints for the foreseeable future, once they’re gone, they’re gone. Anything left over after show will likely be thrown out, and I will just write off the loss … I don’t want to bring anything back with me.

KITS:

We will have the following NEW KITS at the show:

Halloween Nightmares – Whack A Mole
Halloween Nightmares – Grand Theft Saucer
Denizens of Zo - Oceana
Denizens of Zo – Wizard
Denizens of Zo – Spiderbot 1/1 Scale
Queen of Swords – 1/4 scale
GK Nouveau – Moon
GK Nouveau – Star
Hollywood Legends – Marlene Dietrich
Milicent Patrick – Full Figure – Standard Kit
Milicent Patrick – Bust

We will also have a full print of the Tin Man on DISPLAY at our tables.

We’ll also have the monster busts with the Milicent Kit, but not sure exactly which and how many until the last moment.

We will also have an assortment of our older kits behind the tables, that will not be one display for the sake of room … or lack thereof. Only our new kits will be on display this year. My plan is to make a photo album of what I have behind the tables that folks can browse through.

Unfortunately, again I won’t know exactly what I will have until the last minute.

PLEASE NOTE – Some of the earlier Halloween Nightmare kits that I will be taking to the show this year may very well be the last castings ever, as I’ve instructed my caster to burn out whatever molds are close the end of their lifespan. Don’t be surprised if after (or even during the show) the status on our website changes to RETIRED, so of you’re in the market for these kits, hit our tables early.

Also, we will no longer be remolding older kits for the molds to simply sit on a shelf, our funds are better invested in the production of new kits. From here on out, any retired kit will need at least 12 buyers to put down non-refundable deposits to remold the kit.

GK SEMINAR:

As most of you know by now, we will be holding a seminar Saturday, June 10th at 4pm, in the Russell Suite … “SO YOU WANNA BE A GK PRODUCER?”.
I’ve said before, but it bears repeating … this seminar will likely not be what anyone is expecting. I will be discussing EVERY ASPECT of GK producing, the good, the bad and the FUGLY … and yes, we will be discussing costs. There are going to be some things which I will bring to light that aren’t going to endear me to any number of people, but I want folks to get a absolutely clear picture of what they’re getting into.

FINALLY ... I will be adding the kits to our website this weekend, there will be no price and no dimensions .. I just want to get them in a head of time so it's less for me to do later.

As most will notice, I've added "Tribute Kits" under the Model Kits header, because I do PLAN on making some other Tribute Kits later.

I think that’s it for right now … hope to see you all at the show.