Tony Wootson's Wonderfest 2023 Show Report (Part One)

Please post all Wonderfest-related threads here.

Moderator: Moderators

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

Tony Wootson's Wonderfest 2023 Show Report (Part One)

#1 Post by AntMan »

Hi,
I've just about completed putting the finishing touches in on the first part of my report on this year's (2023) Wonderfest show. Included are numerous video snippets which I took at the show on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

With this being my first major attempt at doing extensive video coverage at Wonderfest, I was bound to make some mistakes. One was a number is errors I made in describing people or things at the show. Then, there's those sideways video shots of the diorama category in the contest. And lastly, due to some severe lagging with the videos which were uploaded to my website's server, I decided to post them on YouTube. After following a suggestion from a modeling friend, (Steve M.) to clear out the cache in my browsers, the lagging magically disappeared.

Regardless of all of these miscues, my videos didn't turn out all that bad.

You can view this first page of the report by going here: https://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com/Wo ... 023-1.html
Last edited by AntMan on June 22nd, 2023, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep the glue and paint flowing, take care and stay blessed!
-Tony

"No Try! Do or Do Not! There is no try." Yoda

http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com
barad_dur
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

Re: Tony Wootson's (Part One) Wonderfest 2023 Sho

#2 Post by barad_dur »

Great videos and report - Thank you for the time that you have spent documenting Wonderfest !

Also, very glad to hear that you liked my werewolves and dragon - thanks!
See my model kit collection on YouTube Model Club TV Episode 86
See my kitbash work-in-progress pics in the Kustomizers section of the clubhouse
Thanks for looking !
Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: Tony Wootson's (Part One) Wonderfest 2023 Show Report

#3 Post by Buc Wheat »

Holy Batsh* t!!! Who are you and what have you done w/ Poor Tony!!

There is no chance Tony finishes up his report w/out 14 months going by... so
we JUST KNOW this is some hacked hijacked page ya jackrabbit thief!
:)
AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#4 Post by AntMan »

Buc Wheat wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 6:15 pm Holy Batsh* t!!! Who are you and what have you done w/ Poor Tony!!

There is no chance Tony finishes up his report w/out 14 months going by... so
we JUST KNOW this is some hacked hijacked page ya jackrabbit thief!
:)
:D
Thanks, Buc! I feel the love coming from you!
AND IT FEELS GOOD!
Maybe I should have started video-taping my show coverage ages ago?
Rest assured, I still have those 1,300 pictures I'm still cleaning up,
So, you'll probably see the second part of my report around Halloween or Thanksgiving, this year!
:like
-Tony

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

Re: Tony Wootson's (Part One) Wonderfest 2023 Sho

#5 Post by AntMan »

barad_dur wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 6:05 pm Great videos and report - Thank you for the time that you have spent documenting Wonderfest !

Also, very glad to hear that you liked my werewolves and dragon - thanks!
Hey barad_dur,,
Thanks! I appreciate it!
And yes, your two Werewolves were really kewl, looking like they were a set of matching bookends.

Also, your dragon Was pretty kewl looking.

Are the three original sculpts?
-Tony

barad_dur
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#6 Post by barad_dur »

You are welcome!

Werewolves were my heavily modified versions of scream’n werewolf vinyl model kit.

Dragon was my heavily modified version of CM Studios dino-dragon.
I sculpted the new head, extended and re-sculpted most of wings, removed front legs, sculpted new chest and under armor, slimmed down neck and tail, Modified back legs for flying pose, added additional spikes on back

And the big balrog that you mentioned in video was mine too. I repaired some broken wings from a Deathwing statue and used them to replace the wings on the weta balrog statue. I removed and replaced back flames with spikes, changed the head position, sculpted a bigger chest and slimmed down and resculpted the abs, beefed up biceps, tapered the forearms, and I sculpted new dragon feet to replace the original hoof like feet.

There are many work in progress pics of all of the above kit bashes in the kustomizers section of the clubhouse.
See my kitbash work-in-progress pics in the Kustomizers section of the clubhouse
Thanks for looking !
tay666
Site Admin

#7 Post by tay666 »

AntMan wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 5:24 pm Image

Hi,
I've just about completed putting the finishing touches in on the first part of my report on this year's (2023) Wonderfest show. Included are numerous video snippets which I took at the show on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

With this being my first major attempt at doing extensive video coverage at Wonderfest, I was bound to make some mistakes. One was a number is errors I made in describing people or things at the show. Then, there's those sideways video shots of the diorama category in the contest. And lastly, due to some severe lagging with the videos which were uploaded to my website's server, I decided to post them on YouTube. After following a suggestion from a modeling friend, (Steve M.) to clear out the cache in my browsers, the lagging magically disappeared.

You can view this first page of the report by going here: https://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com/Wo ... 023-1.html
Ooooo!
I know what I will be doing this weekend.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths
AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#8 Post by AntMan »

tay666 wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 10:53 pm
AntMan wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 5:24 pm Image

Hi,

Ooooo!
I know what I will be doing this weekend.

Thanks! (You might be at it for a while)!

:like
-Tony

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#9 Post by AntMan »

barad_dur wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 9:01 pm You are welcome!

Werewolves were my heavily modified versions of scream’n werewolf vinyl model kit.

Dragon was my heavily modified version of CM Studios dino-dragon.
I sculpted the new head, extended and re-sculpted most of wings, removed front legs, sculpted new chest and under armor, slimmed down neck and tail, Modified back legs for flying pose, added additional spikes on back

And the big balrog that you mentioned in video was mine too. I repaired some broken wings from a Deathwing statue and used them to replace the wings on the weta balrog statue. I removed and replaced back flames with spikes, changed the head position, sculpted a bigger chest and slimmed down and resculpted the abs, beefed up biceps, tapered the forearms, and I sculpted new dragon feet to replace the original hoof like feet.

There are many work in progress pics of all of the above kit bashes in the kustomizers section of the clubhouse.
Mann, guy! You were busy!

Btw, did your camera run out of juice at the show, and you were unable to take pictures of the dragon? There was the wife of one of the guys who did a dragon there, who was asking me about the possibility of my sending pictures which I took of it to him.
-Tony

barad_dur
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

Re: Tony Wootson's Wonderfest 2023 Show Report (Part One)

#10 Post by barad_dur »

That was my wife. We just have phone cameras, so she thought you were taking more “professional” level pictures, which would be much better then any that we could take.
Thanks for looking !
AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#11 Post by AntMan »

barad_dur wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 12:33 am That was my wife. We just have phone cameras, so she thought you were taking more “professional” level pictures, which would be much better then any that we could take.
OK, great! I thought it might have been.

I'm not sure about that whole "professional" thing, but I have been doing this for a while. :wink:

If you send me a PM with your email address, I'll clean up any pictures I took of both it, along with the werewolves and send them your way.'
-Tony

barad_dur
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#12 Post by barad_dur »

Thank you !
Thanks for looking !